ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR got 2.5 years visa instead

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

ILR 10 years refused and appeal

Post by KingKhan123 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello everyone! I wanted to share my timeline with you wonderful people:

25/05/17: Applied for ILR (10 years route) same day service

25/05/17: HO issue letter for further review of my application

26/07/17: HO refuses my ILR :shock: with ROA. (BUT) keeps the file with them including refusal decision and forgot to notify me/my legal team. (Interesting)

22/09/17: HO refusal letter received (note: 14 days of ROA expired due to HO neglegence) thanks HO

02/10/17: My legal team puts forward the Appeal to First Tier Tribunal (FTT) and explains the late appeal and HO negligence.

28/10/17: FTT accepts appeal and issues letters to both parties. :lol:

Letter for Hearing date arrives. Hearing to take place on 13/04/18.

13/04/18: Hearing day. HOPO (Home Office Presenting Officer) states she is not ready as she just received my (claimant) bundle from her client (HO). LOL
Case adjourned by judge for a later date on the request of the HOPO. I lost £1150 as in costs towards my barrister. Next hearing date 13/07/18. :cry:

13/07/18: 2nd hearing proceeds I am grilled by new HOPO :oops: :cry: HOPO doesn't win in arguments from me. case heard and decision saved by the judge to be announced at a later date.

25/07/18: Judge allows the appeal in his decision. Also orders to pay me back my fee cost in relation to this appeal. He Sends his decision to both parties.

27/07/18: I receive my judgement from the court. Feels triumphant by defeating the evil HOPO in the Battle of IWanttogotoLoo (get it??)

Evil HO has 14 calender days to appeal against the decision.

07/08/18: Received in my bank account £140 the fee I paid for the Appeal hearing in FTT.

The battle continues~~ also winter is coming.

KingKhan123
Newly Registered

Applied for ILR got 2.5 years visa instead

Post by KingKhan123 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Hello Gurus!

I have an ongoing ILR application via 10 years long residency. My application was refused back in 2017 with ROA and then appealed to the FTT. The judge has allowed the appeal (i won the case) against HO refusal and now waiting for the BRP. Meanwhile reading various posts on this great website Imigration boards; I came across several fellow members who had initially applied for ILR and gt refused then won appeal and instead got a 2.5 years visa. I also know of one friend who also instead of ILR gt a 2.5 years visa after he had won his appeal in the FTT..?? Why is that? It is something new going on recently and a cheap tactic practiced by HO. Can someone please shed some light on this development... also I would kindly request admin "vinny" , "Casa" , Geriatrix, or "CR001" please advise on this...

phalanichi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Applied for ILR got 2.5 years visa instead

Post by phalanichi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:23 pm

KingKhan123 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm
Hello Gurus!

I have an ongoing ILR application via 10 years long residency. My application was refused back in 2017 with ROA and then appealed to the FTT. The judge has allowed the appeal (i won the case) against HO refusal and now waiting for the BRP. Meanwhile reading various posts on this great website Imigration boards; I came across several fellow members who had initially applied for ILR and gt refused then won appeal and instead got a 2.5 years visa. I also know of one friend who also instead of ILR gt a 2.5 years visa after he had won his appeal in the FTT..?? Why is that? It is something new going on recently and a cheap tactic practiced by HO. Can someone please shed some light on this development... also I would kindly request admin "vinny" , "Casa" , Geriatrix, or "CR001" please advise on this...
did you receive brp? we are too waiting after appeal allowed.

vinny

Re: Applied for ILR got 2.5 years visa instead

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:52 am

One of the absurdity of the appeals system is that it undermines the Immigration rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.