ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you stay for period longer than stated in the tourist visa application?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Can you stay for period longer than stated in the tourist visa application?

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi

Can anyone please suggest if it's illegal to stay on the tourist visa for the duration longer than stated in the visa application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can you stay for period longer than stated in the tourist visa application?

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:06 pm

What was stated and how long is the intended stay??

As your posts are mostly in the EEA route sub forum, provide more information about "overstaying" and relation of visitor if you expect any useful advice
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:51 pm

It's not illegal. But be careful if stayed longer than previously requested.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:06 pm
What was stated and how long is the intended stay??

As your posts are mostly in the EEA route sub forum, provide more information about "overstaying" and relation of visitor if you expect any useful advice
Hi Vinny

We stated my parents will be visiting me for the two weeks in the application however since their health has not been well recently, I would like to look after them for a couple of months so they could feel slightly better.
Therefore was asking if they did stay for two months as oppose to two weeks, would it cause any trouble for them in terms of future applications or is it considered overstaying even though the visa is valid for the duration of six months?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Yes, it may well result in a refusal for the next visitor visa application. Have you clicked on Vinny's links?

Do your parents have private medical insurance :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi Casa, thanks for bringing my attention to click on the links which I didnt realise before and contained good information that I was seeking for.

Yes my parents have a private medical insurance, I just wanted to look after them for a couple of months so they could relax with the family in a new environment.