ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolguyIndia

Regarding NARIC

Post by coolguyIndia » Fri May 09, 2008 9:50 am

Dear Kaushal,

First of all congratulations on getting your Tier 1 Approval letter. Also I would like to thank you for contributing to this forum for helping others for their Tier 1 application, appreciate it man.

Now to my query, I have done BE in Electronics Engineering from University of Mumbai (K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering). I would like to know what was your response to point 3.2 in VAF9A for qualification in NARIC UK Database.

If anyone else can also contribute to this query, most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks & Best Regards

kaushal316

Re: Regarding NARIC

Post by kaushal316 » Sat May 10, 2008 5:47 am

coolguy,

BE from mumbai university is recognised by BIA self assessment points calculator. Thus you should select select 'Degree on NARIC database' for 3.2

In the points calculator, select:

state: maharashtra
university: University of Mumbai
qualification: bachelors (minimum 4 years programme)

Cheers
Kaushal

coolguyIndia wrote:Dear Kaushal,

First of all congratulations on getting your Tier 1 Approval letter. Also I would like to thank you for contributing to this forum for helping others for their Tier 1 application, appreciate it man.

Now to my query, I have done BE in Electronics Engineering from University of Mumbai (K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering). I would like to know what was your response to point 3.2 in VAF9A for qualification in NARIC UK Database.

If anyone else can also contribute to this query, most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

jcs

Post by jcs » Sat May 10, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi Kaushal,
Congrats on getting through with your tier-1 visa. Appreciate the help that you have been giving to members in this forum.

Just thought if I could get some assistance in filling up a couple of sections in VAF9A form, especially since I could not find any guidance notes for this form anywhere.

1. What should I fill in Section 4.11 in VAF9A? I am providing my payslips and bank statements as evidence for previous earnings. So should this section have full contact details (address and contact numbers) of my employer and bank? I guess bank contacts should be straightforward. But should the employer's contact be the actual office location where I am working or can I give address and number of the registered or head office?

2. Section 6.5 (Duration of Study): What dates can I give here? I have done a Bachelor of Engineering (4 year course) from Pune Univ, but I've had a 1 year break in between the 3rd and 4th years. Should I fill here the actual duration for my study (5 years including the 1 year break) or the duration of the course (which is 4 years)?

Would appreciate answers from anyone.

Thanks!

hraina
Newly Registered

Post by hraina » Sat May 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi Kaushal,

Great to hear that you got it! Congrats.

One question:
My earnings and maintenance will show up in the same bank account. So under Maintenance should I mention in the cover letter that they should refer to my bank statements sent for the purpose of earnings proof.

Thank you.

shubi81

Regd dependant's application in tier1 --Urgent !

Post by shubi81 » Sun May 11, 2008 9:56 am

Hi ,
I am submitting Tier1 from india within a couple of days , just wanted to get some clarity urgently !
I have mentioned that I am married , but I am also mentioning that my spouse is not joining me . Can that affect the EC ?? however , i intend to mention in the part7 additional section , that my wife would join me after an year after finishing her masters degree in india ....will it go ??
pls let me know ur thoughts ...

thanks
Shubi
hraina wrote:Hi Kaushal,

One question:
My earnings and maintenance will show up in the same bank account. So under Maintenance should I mention in the cover letter that they should refer to my bank statements sent for the purpose of earnings proof.

Thank you.

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:24 am

same in my case i am also married but confused that if i not include my wife's name in my application will that effect my ec

kindly suggest
deepinder

neel17
Newly Registered

tier1 initial application from UK

Post by neel17 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:38 am

Hi everyone,

Two questions...

1. For initial teir 1 application form UK do I need to send the passport with application?

2. My docs are ready and my current WP is expiring in a weeks time. If I apply now before 2-3 days it expires can I continue to leave in UK, till decision is made and my passport is returned?

Would someone please provide information here...

Thank you

Nilesh

nitmech

Teir 1 Application FEE

Post by nitmech » Mon May 12, 2008 7:02 am

How much is the FEEs to apply for Tier 1?

rely

Re: Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Post by rely » Mon May 12, 2008 8:10 am

it wont have any negative effect
rely
deepinder7090 wrote:same in my case i am also married but confused that if i not include my wife's name in my application will that effect my ec

kindly suggest
deepinder

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Is Form VAF 2 required while submitting Tier application

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Mon May 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi Kaushal,

Congratulations for your success in Tier Visa stamping.

Well, I got lot of information from your posting and need to know few small things. When I visited VFS, Pune to know about the Tier 1 application process, they told me that along with forms VAF 9A and VAF 9B, I need to fill in VAF 2 form also. Did you happen to fill and submit this form? Please let me know.

Waiting to hear from me.

Regards,
Rajesh

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: tier1 initial application from UK

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon May 12, 2008 12:29 pm

1. Yes
2. No.

regards
neel17 wrote:Hi everyone,

Two questions...

1. For initial teir 1 application form UK do I need to send the passport with application?

2. My docs are ready and my current WP is expiring in a weeks time. If I apply now before 2-3 days it expires can I continue to leave in UK, till decision is made and my passport is returned?

Would someone please provide information here...

Thank you

Nilesh

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Any more Tier 1 applicants & successful cases on this Fo

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Mon May 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi,

Are there any more Tier 1 applicants who applied recently or anybody who has got the Visa stampled successfully?

Thanks n Regards,
Rajesh

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Dear rely,
Thanks for your reply but my friend some of the applications has been rejected because they have not included their family in their application becaue as per the para 135(a) they check that do you want to make uk your main home or not , My problem is that my wife is in her final year of her Msc IT so not possible for me to incude her on my application kindly suggest what to do

deepinder

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Mon May 12, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi,
If you dont have problem with your finance,better get your dependant with yur application.Then you can bring her here later after finishing her degree.Bcz there was lot of rejection because of this issue.
deepinder7090 wrote:Dear rely,
Thanks for your reply but my friend some of the applications has been rejected because they have not included their family in their application becaue as per the para 135(a) they check that do you want to make uk your main home or not , My problem is that my wife is in her final year of her Msc IT so not possible for me to incude her on my application kindly suggest what to do

deepinder

rely

Post by rely » Tue May 13, 2008 5:14 am

those cases must have been rejected for some other reasons but not becoz dependents were following later on.You explain that your wife is studying and will join later on.
rely

deepinder

rely

Re: Is Form VAF 2 required while submitting Tier application

Post by rely » Tue May 13, 2008 5:19 am

No VAF2.Vfs is still learning this process.They might insist becoz of their ignorance but high commission will tear it of becoz it is not rquired.
rely
Rajesh.Nadhe wrote:Hi Kaushal,

Congratulations for your success in Tier Visa stamping.

Well, I got lot of information from your posting and need to know few small things. When I visited VFS, Pune to know about the Tier 1 application process, they told me that along with forms VAF 9A and VAF 9B, I need to fill in VAF 2 form also. Did you happen to fill and submit this form? Please let me know.

Waiting to hear from me.

Regards,
Rajesh

rely

Post by rely » Tue May 13, 2008 5:24 am

make a separate note or cover letter.make visa officers life easier.friend it is a queston of Rs51000-00.Bank letter for maintenance should mention all details which are asked for.
rely
hraina wrote:Hi Kaushal,

One question:

Thank you.

rely

Re: Teir 1 Application FEE

Post by rely » Tue May 13, 2008 5:29 am

nitmech wrote:How much is the FEEs to apply for Tier 1?

ashish2410
Newly Registered

time limit on entrying in UK

Post by ashish2410 » Tue May 13, 2008 6:07 am

hi,
I was told by my consultant that getting job by telephonic interview is tough so u should leave ur job and go to uk to search job. I dont have that high appitite for risk so After getting tier 1 how long one can stay in india and search UK job sitting here.
thanks for all ur help
-ashish

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:12 am

Yess Rely , today I have launched my application & I have mentioned that in the additional section .
Hope, everything will be alright .............frm now onwards till I get the Visa , I'll keep my mouth shut :-))))

Cheers
Shubi
rely wrote:those cases must have been rejected for some other reasons but not becoz dependents were following later on.You explain that your wife is studying and will join later on.
rely

deepinder

pankajmahadik
Newly Registered

HSMP Fund Maintance

Post by pankajmahadik » Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 am

hi,

requried help Can i get british concil mail id of mumbai

Pankaj.

pankajmahadik
Newly Registered

Post by pankajmahadik » Tue May 13, 2008 10:23 am

Hi,

Can I show my fixed deposit in my fund maintance, which can easily get converted in cash liquided.

Pankaj.

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Tue May 13, 2008 10:57 am

Thats a great information....I wish you All the Success towards this.

Where [City] did you apply from? I just wanted to know if you submit VAF 2 form along with VAF 9A and VAF 9B forms?
Please let me know.

Cheers,
Rajesh
shubi81 wrote:Yess Rely , today I have launched my application & I have mentioned that in the additional section .
Hope, everything will be alright .............frm now onwards till I get the Visa , I'll keep my mouth shut :-))))

Cheers
Shubi
rely wrote:those cases must have been rejected for some other reasons but not becoz dependents were following later on.You explain that your wife is studying and will join later on.
rely

deepinder

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:59 am

thnaks,

I applied from Mumbai. No, i didnt fill vaf2. only vaf9 a & b
Rajesh.Nadhe wrote:Thats a great information....I wish you All the Success towards this.

Where [City] did you apply from? I just wanted to know if you submit VAF 2 form along with VAF 9A and VAF 9B forms?
Please let me know.

Cheers,
Rajesh
shubi81 wrote:Yess Rely , today I have launched my application & I have mentioned that in the additional section .

Cheers
Shubi
rely

deepinder

rely

Re: time limit on entrying in UK

Post by rely » Tue May 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Sitting here in India wont fetch anything.Chances are slim.
You have to travel to UK and search for a job.
rely
ashish2410 wrote:hi,
I was told by my consultant that getting job by telephonic interview is tough so u should leave ur job and go to uk to search job. I dont have that high appitite for risk so After getting tier 1 how long one can stay in india and search UK job sitting here.
thanks for all ur help
-ashish