ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born outside UK to British Father and non British mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imme-123
Pakistan

Baby born outside UK to British Father and non British mother

Post by imme-123 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:06 am

I am asking this on behalf of someone. The scenario is British male married to non British girl (Pakistani girl) in Pakistan. The male went to Pakistan and married there and lived there for few months after marriage. They had a baby (that was born in Pakistan). baby's mother never travelled to UK.

What is the immigration status of the baby born to British father.

secret.simon

Re: Baby born outside UK to British Father and non British mother

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 am

If the father was a British citizen on the date of birth of the child, then the child is born a British citizen by descent and can apply directly for a British passport.

If the father became a British citizen after the date of birth of the child, the child has the same UK immigration status as that of the less-privileged parent (in this case, the mother).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Baby born outside UK to British Father and non British mother

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:33 pm

I Will rephrase . If the father is British otherwise than by descent, then the child will be British, otherwise, the child is not.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors