ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Age proof

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 13, 2008 8:35 am

Hi,

I do not have birth certificate. Hence, I would like to use my Driving licence (DL) to proof age. However, my initials of name is mentioned on it.

e.g. Mr. F. M. Surname
F = First Name
M = Middle Name

May Ihave your suggestions?

Thanks,
Rajesh.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 13, 2008 9:50 am

Passport?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 13, 2008 11:10 am

I have passport and it has got correct names (spelled).

Passport is only acceptable under exceptional circumstances. What do I do then?

andynaggers
Newly Registered

Post by andynaggers » Tue May 13, 2008 8:08 pm

For Tier1 application -- passport is the evidence required. Birth certificate was a requirement for HSMP app and age evidence requirements have changed for Tier1.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed May 14, 2008 8:28 am

Tier1 has yet not been rolled out in my country of residence. Hence, I still need to apply under HSMP.

Thanks.

santhosh_hsmp
Newly Registered

Age proff

Post by santhosh_hsmp » Sat May 31, 2008 10:49 am

I don't have either date of birth certificate nor driving lience , hence can you please suggest alternative document for age prof. Any body in this group got HSMP Teir1 just submitting passport as age prof or anyother document other than birth certificate or driving lience .please advise friends .

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:29 pm

What do you mean by "HSMP Tier 1"? Maybe, a scheme launched only for you by BIA :lol: . For lesser souls like us, it's either Tier 1 or HSMP. :roll:

For Tier 1, Passport is the document required as proof of age. Only in absence of a passport (exceptional circumstances), does one need to provide alternate proof.

For HSMP, the only acceptable proof (in absence of either a driving license or birth certificate) is a notarised copy of personal page(s) of passport. But you will have to convince them as to why you cannot provide the "required" evidence in order for them to consider alternate proof (passport copy).

Spend some time in reading the guidance notes carefully.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

santhosh_hsmp
Newly Registered

Thanks buddy

Post by santhosh_hsmp » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Ok that's right :-). Many thanks for correcting me .
Passport is the document required as proof of age , which i have and is a notarised copy of personal page(s) of passport is also we need to carry right. Other than this nothing is required right. Correct me if i am wrong.

cheers

Santhosh

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks buddy

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:45 am

santhosh_hsmp wrote:Ok that's right :-). Many thanks for correcting me .
Passport is the document required as proof of age , which i have and is a notarised copy of personal page(s) of passport is also we need to carry right. Other than this nothing is required right. Correct me if i am wrong.

cheers

Santhosh
How many confirmations do you need? Why previous post does not apear sufficient to you to understand - its well written and explained.