ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application Business bank statement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imran 1981

ILR application Business bank statement

Post by Imran 1981 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Dear Members,

I will be applying my Tier 1 E, 50K in October 2018. I am following that you need to send the business bank statements at least for last three months. I am running business as sole trader.

I know there is no requirement to prove the financial requirement investment again of 50k.

My question is that my closing bank statement balance is less then 50K. Could some one please tell me whether Case Worker will check the 50K balance or he will just see the bank statement=ents for business trading?

Thanks for reading and help in advance

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR application Business bank statement

Post by sm12 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:06 pm

You do not need to send three months of business bank statements.
You just need to send a statement to show that your business has a bank account and some business transactions on it. The date hasn't been specified for business activity, but I think sole traders have to show salary payments to employees for job creation.
There's no requirement regarding minimum balance.
You don't need to prove your investment again.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:17 pm

These are from Appendix A of the rules

(e) if the applicant was self-employed at the time a settled worker was employed by their business, the specified documents in paragraph 48(a) above showing the dates that the applicant became registered with HMRC as self-employed, with the bank statements referred to in 48(a)(iii) showing all the payments made to the settled worker in the full period of employment used to claim points, and the address of the business;

And

(iii) a personal bank statement showing transactions for their business, or a business bank statement, or a letter from a UK- regulated financial institution, on the institution’s headed paper, confirming that the applicant has a business and acts through that bank for the purposes of that business;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... attributes

Imran 1981

Post by Imran 1981 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks SM This is strange as ths requirement is only for self employed and not for companies.

So my understanding is correct, I need to send full two years business bank statements showing salary transactions for which I am claiming points. Also there is no requirement that during these two years period the bank statement balance needs to be 50,000

I would be grateful if someone please confirm if this is correct

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Imran 1981 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:00 am
Thanks SM This is strange as ths requirement is only for self employed and not for companies.

So my understanding is correct, I need to send full two years business bank statements showing salary transactions for which I am claiming points. Also there is no requirement that during these two years period the bank statement balance needs to be 50,000

I would be grateful if someone please confirm if this is correct
Yes, that's right. You'll need to send bank statements for the employment that you're claiming.
And there's no requirement that the balance has to be 50,000. The balance is not relevant.

Imran 1981

Post by Imran 1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Thank mate.