ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Imran 1981

Dependent visa from India

Post by Imran 1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Dear Forum members,

I am applying for my Tier 1 Ent in November 2018. My dependents are my wife and twins babies. All mt dependents have dependent visa valid until November 2018 (same as me).

My dependents are currently in India with the family back home in India (as too much work with twins).

Is it possible that they don't return to the UK in November and I only apply for my ILR for myself in November 2018. Once I get my ILR in early next year, they can apply their visa from India mid or end of next year as this is the tile they intend to return to the UK.

Can some one please share any problem this may face on my visa or their visa please?

I would appreciate if senior members would please contribute.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa from India

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:26 pm

You will have to wait for your ILR and then they will have to apply for a spouse settlement visa and meet all the requirements. This will be a new 5 year period, 2 x 2.5 year residence, before your spouse will qualify for ILR.

Are you children UK born??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imran 1981

Post by Imran 1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanks CR001. Yes my children are UK born. Can they apply directly for BC?

Imran 1981

Post by Imran 1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Also my wife has already spent 18 months on Tier 1 dependent visa. If she apply in the UK, will she need to spent further 5 years for settlement or just 3 yrs and 6 months for settlement. can you please clarify?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:27 pm

She will need to return before her visa expires and submit an application for an extension of her PBS dependent visa at the same time as you apply for ILR. She will get a 3 year extension. This will maintain her current residence for ILR.

Children can apply to register as British on form MN1 once you get ILR, they do not need ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imran 1981

Post by Imran 1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Many thanks