ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alex0226
United Kingdom

Help please

Post by Alex0226 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:19 pm

My wife is a EEA national with my children who are also EEA nationals. I hold a valid EEA resident card valid for 5 years
We recently applied for my parents on UK standard visiting visa which was refused.
Their refusal stated that they dont have savings. Both are over 65 years and my wife and i are their sponsor. Bank statement, payslip, p60, credit card submitted for thier perusal. We intend them to stay for 6 weeks and go back
Secondly, the ECO stated one of my account was fluctuating but the other account were up to date with a balance of over £2500. This is the second time they will be refused.
Can u advise me please, if i can apply for EEA family permit for them. Though, i dont want them to stay here permanetly as they are old and that was why i applied using UK 6 months visa and visit us for only 6 weeks.
Please help!

Alex0226
United Kingdom

Re: Help please

Post by Alex0226 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Can someone please, advise on this post. Ur contribution is warmthly appreciated

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Alex,

which country are your parents travelling from?

When was the last time you applied for their visiting?

Did you fill the forms yourself or they did?

6 weeks is alot for first time application in my opinion and experiece.

Can you invite one of them first and the other later?

The ECO will break down your balance for the whole period they planned to stay for.

Did you state in your application the number of bedroom house or flat you have and provide the HO a documentary evidence to that to proof they will stay with your all time through their stay.

Note in your balance you are buying flight ticket for both of them too and if its your house fine if you are renting dont forget ECO can cruelly put that into consideration that your rent if off the balance.

If your parents have properties back in your home country then you should add the documents and the information on the application.

Did you state in the application they need to meet their grandchildren as well?
Life is a race so run it well

Alex0226
United Kingdom

Post by Alex0226 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:41 am

Thank You for your reply OlaDpounds

My parents are travelling from Nigeria and the last time I applied for them was July 11th

However, i asked a solicitor to make the application for them here in UK. Thier property document was included in the application.

Yes! We confirm with the evidences that they are staying with us in our 3 bedroom house and confirmed both in the form and the covering letter that they are meeting their grandchildren here in UK as well.

I think your opinion is very helpful that we should invite one first and the other later. But i wont rush to invite anyone of them again, maybe i should give it more time.

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Alex0226 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:41 am
Thank You for your reply OlaDpounds

My parents are travelling from Nigeria and the last time I applied for them was July 11th

However, i asked a solicitor to make the application for them here in UK. Thier property document was included in the application.

Yes! We confirm with the evidences that they are staying with us in our 3 bedroom house and confirmed both in the form and the covering letter that they are meeting their grandchildren here in UK as well.

I think your opinion is very helpful that we should invite one first and the other later. But i wont rush to invite anyone of them again, maybe i should give it more time.
Yes you need to give it sometime atleast 6 months, if you can be saving some naira in one of your parents bank account which will be like savings for those 6 months and on average 85% of application made by uk solicitors dont get through which I personally do not understand why so I will advice you use those agenciea with good reputations back home they understand thise application, info, excuses and calculations.

You only need about #800k in each of their account and you have minimum of £1500 balance which I have few friends done for their parents and was granted for first time applications

Reason for refusal starts from the finances in conversion of currencies.

Social and economical ties etc
Life is a race so run it well

Alex0226
United Kingdom

Post by Alex0226 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanks for your swift reply brother.
I appreciate you. I will do exactly with ur advise
Many thanks bro

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 am

You can apply for an EEA family permit even for temporary visit visas, provided you can prove that your parents are dependent on your EEA citizen spouse and you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.