ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

separation and divorce to an eea national

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pappy1
Newly Registered

Post by Pappy1 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi everyone, merry xmas, i just want some advice on some issues, my wife is an eec national, we have been married for 4 yrs and i was given my residence 4 yrs ago. now we are separated and my wife said she will divorce me in 2 yrs time. i need some information on what to do to get my PR thank
pappy

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:55 am

Last edited by vinny on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pappy1
Newly Registered

separation issue

Post by Pappy1 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:29 pm

hi everyone, thanks for getting back to me, my wife refused to give me her passport, after our separation 3 months ago and she also refused to divorce. i do have the relevant documents to show we lived together for 5 yrs, wot can i do to get my PR, my wife is an eec national
thanks

Pappy1
Newly Registered

Need an advice, got a letter from HO

Post by Pappy1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I have just put my application in for PR following a separation from my wife, Included in the application are relevant cohabitation documents and my wife p60, payslips and mine payslip.

i got a letter from the home office today, and the letter is titled certificate of application,
the summary of the letter is that i should continue to work and i dont need a work permit to work in the uk.
the letter also contain some legal jargon about eea extended family member which i am not very interested about.

My problem is that i dont understand what this letter means

does it mean that my application has been accepted, and certified that i will get the PR, please i need advice from people that have got the same letter and have got their PR.

thanks

Decus et Tutamen

Post by Decus et Tutamen » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:21 pm

It's a standard letter that the BIA sends out to all applicants in your situation. It's just confirmation that you have made an application, and doesn't indicate its likely success or otherwise.

Pappy1
Newly Registered

Re: I got a letter

Post by Pappy1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:16 pm

thanks for your reply, nothing to worry about then, i guess if they need anything they will get in touch, just wondering what step will follow after the letter.
thans

Pappy1
Newly Registered

Re separation

Post by Pappy1 » Tue May 13, 2008 6:15 am

Hi everyone,
i would like some advice on what to do, concerning my situation, with reference to my previous post, i explained that my wife was refusing to give me her passport during the time i put in the application for the permanent residence. My wife is from Belfast, but she had the irish passport, we have been married for7 years now, but separated. i have made an application to the HO for permanent residence having lived together for over 5 years before separation in 2007. The application contained all the document which showed that we lived together during these periods, her bank statements, and all document showing that she excesised treaty rights in the United Kingdom for these periods.
My wife contacted me just recently that she has left her job and she is on her way back to belfast where she wants to live now. I have the address of where she is living now, and she told me that she is going to get a job soon over there.
My problem now is that, can her movement to Nireland affect my application, I understand that the new regulation states that an application will be refused if the applicant leaves the UK.
what should i do now, should i forward her new address to the home office, my application is still pending as i only posted it in January
please i need someone to help with this
thanks

martha

Post by martha » Tue May 13, 2008 9:51 am

Hi there,
My initial reaction is that you are the applicant, not your wife, so it would make no difference.
Any way, Northern Ireland is still part of the UK.
All it seems to mean is that your wife has changed your address. You can notify the HO that she has moved.
I cant see any immediate problems for you.
Does she still have your passport?

Pappy1
Newly Registered

Re PR issue

Post by Pappy1 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks Martha, glad to hear that northern ireland is part of UK, anyway, wot i meant in my first post is that my wife did not released her passport and she has refused to divorce as well,however the situation now is that we keep communication, but we no more together and she has moved back to NIreland.
Any way Now that i know that her departure wont affect the application, just for clarrification of the 5 years treaty excersice mentioned in the 2006 legislation. does the 5years start from the time someone marries an eec or from the time the person received the residence permit
thnks

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:11 pm

from the date ur passport get stamped

Pappy1
Newly Registered

Permanent residence obtained

Post by Pappy1 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:59 pm

I will like to thank everyone who helped me on this website over the past 7 months, my situation have changed since the last time i placed a comment on this site, and i am happy to let you know that i have now received my PR.
The question i will like to ask u is that when will i be eligible for british passport,
thanks and my appreciation to John and victoria and all the guys helping poeple on this site, may the lord be with you all
thanks