ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Category while Tier 1 Extension in progress

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aahish
India

Switching Category while Tier 1 Extension in progress

Post by aahish » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Dear members,

Thank you all for your support. Especially Marc, Zimba, CR001 my tier 2 visa has been approved today. Your support is unforgettable in hard times. Unfortunately expecting a further delay as advised by my solicitor I have with drawn my wifes tier 1 dependent application she is leaving the country next week. ( we are guessing the application has been moved only after my dependent application has been withdrawn. As the case worker while returning the passport of my wife to the airport asked few questions about the my passport too we both are assuming that my application has been checked by them only after the dependent application has been with drawn . The dilemma still continues i got few questions

1) If I apply immediately my wife reached India does her count still goes to zero ( we cancelled her application on 20th August we got confirmation on 24th August its less than 28 days )?

2) My employment will start from 13th August.. so, that means I have no payslips are payslips mandatory for a dependent application?

3) Do i need to attach Tuberculosis and police certificate,As she just travelled back from uk? Please advise

Thank you for all your wonderful support

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Switching Category while Tier 1 Extension in progress

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Congratulations !! Moved this to Tier2 forum

1) Your dependant's continuous leave is now broken.
2) There is no need for payslips
3) Certificates must be provided for any country in which the adult partner has been present in for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years prior to their application,
TB certificate is not needed
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Thanks for your reply Marc. If its less than 14 days or with valid medical reasons does it work out? uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ext ... l#p1659632

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 pm

aahish wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 pm
Thanks for your reply Marc. If its less than 14 days or with valid medical reasons does it work out? uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ext ... l#p1659632
As you saw my reply, you can always try. It would have to be an exception purely up to HO to consider. There is no way of knowing until you apply. But you should apply for the dependant visa as early as possible anyway
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:29 pm

Thank you Marc

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi Marc,

Certificates must be provided for any country in which the adult partner has been present in for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years prior to their application.... My dependent was with me in UK for the last 3 years.. im planning to apply with three or 4 days she reaches India as per your above reply do we still need to attach police criminal certificate? Please advise marc thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:26 pm

aahish wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:16 pm
Hi Marc,

Certificates must be provided for any country in which the adult partner has been present in for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years prior to their application.... My dependent was with me in UK for the last 3 years.. im planning to apply with three or 4 days she reaches India as per your above reply do we still need to attach police criminal certificate? Please advise marc thank you
Assuming she was in India for more than 12 months in the last 10 years - I assume that is the case before she came to UK the first time, I believe the certificate is needed.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply... can i get any home Office contact number or paid email service where i can get a clear information. Thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 pm

aahish wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 pm
Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply... can i get any home Office contact number or paid email service where i can get a clear information. Thank you
None that I know of other than what is on gov.uk website

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Hello all

I'm trying to fill in the form for my wife Tier 2 Dependent application. could some one please help if i'm filling correctly? Thank you

1) Select Visa Type
Please select the correct visa category. When you select the visa category you want, we will ask you a series of questions to ensure you are applying for the correct visa.

Reason for Visit: Settlement
Visa Type: Settlement
Visa Sub Type: Wife

2) Also, SU07 needs to be original ? or can i send my wife a scanned document please advise. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:21 pm

1) Select Visa Type
Please select the correct visa category. When you select the visa category you want, we will ask you a series of questions to ensure you are applying for the correct visa.

Reason for Visit: Settlement
Visa Type: Settlement
Visa Sub Type: Wife
No. You must select 'Work' then 'Tier 2' then 'Tier 2 Partner'. You do NOT hold ILR so cannot apply for 'settlement/settlement/wife'.
2) Also, SU07 needs to be original ? or can i send my wife a scanned document please advise.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:14 pm

My Brain was miles away. Thank you so much

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:59 am

Hello Good Morning

Can someone please advise is Police verification certificate from India equal to Criminal record certificate. The letter says This person XYZ not involved in any criminal cases at XYZ ploice station limits. Please someone advise.

Kind Regards