ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay after Tier 2 VISA decision has been made

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jabba03
Australia

Delay after Tier 2 VISA decision has been made

Post by Jabba03 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:46 am

Can any moderators or others shed any light on why it can take such a long time after the decision has already been made to send the VISA information back to the application center. I was under the belief where things could get delayed is when assessing the application if more information is needed or if a back log of applicants.

I applied for a Tier 2 VISA under priority service on the 30/07/2018. I contacted UKVI on the phone and was told that a decision had been made on 06/08/2018. Eight others who applied at the exact same center for the same VISA in the past 2 months received their passports back within 10 working days of the application and 2 days after the decision had been made. I am now going to be a week after the decision has been made with no further contact.

The UKVI contact number cannot give me any help as no one can seem to be able to chase up the status of your application after it has been decided, it is just in limbo. I was supposed to begin working last week and have now had to cancel a second week again with no idea of timelines despite paying a large amount of money for "priority".

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Re: Delay after Tier 2 VISA decision has been made

Post by iAmATeaPot » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks for putting the topic up. I am in a similar situation and was wondering for a while that I am the only one.

I applied for T2 general 3 years priority service from paris on 30th July, Monday, and I received an email on 31st July saying my application is being prepared to be assessed by ECO.

On 6th Aug, i.e. the following Monday, I called UKVI asking for the status of my application and they informed me that it has been already processed and a decision was made on 2nd Aug. So i expected my passport to be returned by Friday the 10th (assuming priority service would take 10 working days). But unfortunately it was not.

I called them again on Friday the 10th of Aug and then they informed me that the priority service is only applicable to "decision making" process under which your application jumps all other general applications but for the return process it is treated as all the other applications. This was a little bit of a shock. Furthermore they advised me to wait for 15 days since the application date to receive the passport before growing worried.

I am unsure what is the reason for delay but seems like there is no other option than waiting for 15 working days.

@everyone on reading this, if you are in similar situation or are recently out of one such, please let me/ other s know your opinion and experience.

thanks,

apazhe
China

Re: Delay after Tier 2 VISA decision has been made

Post by apazhe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:14 am

Same for me.
I applied as tier 2 general with wife and daughter as dependants in Moscow on Jul 27. My and wife passports were ready on August 3. But my daughter is still waiting for decision according the TLScontact site despite that ukvi confirmed me on August 6 that decision was made.

BTW there is already thread about delay here uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 61058.html.