ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 - Applying from outside hometown?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yousef
Newly Registered

Tier 4 - Applying from outside hometown?

Post by Yousef » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Hello,

I am currently studying in the UK, my visa will expire on the 31st of October. I will then be returning to UAE to visit my parents before applying for a new tier 4 visa ( I got accepted to continue my studies for next year in another university ). I can visit the UAE only on the basis of a visit visa for 3 months. Is it possible to apply for a UK visa from there? or should it be from my home country Iraq?

Thanks

nourah92
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Re: Tier 4 - Applying from outside hometown?

Post by nourah92 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:28 pm

It's better to apply from your home country.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 - Applying from outside hometown?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Yousef wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:14 pm
I can visit the UAE only on the basis of a visit visa for 3 months. Is it possible to apply for a UK visa from there?
No, because you are not living there. See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pply-ecb05

You will need to apply from the country where you live, or (if you are eligible to do so) it may be more straightforward to apply from within the UK and postpone your trip to UAE until after the new Tier 4 leave.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.