ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can our kids apply for the citizenship without ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anilpjo
Newly Registered

Can our kids apply for the citizenship without ILR

Post by anilpjo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:05 am

Dear All
Thank you for all immigration gurus over here.
Let me try to explain my case .
I came to UK on Dec-2009 in Tier 2 ICT . And while we are here in UK our twin boys born on Dec-2011. My wife got a Tier 2 General on Sep-2013 and we all moved to that visa category. As per 5 year route we are eligible for ILR this month.
My questions here is
1. Whether my Kids can directly apply for citizenship either any one of us get the ILR? Please note they are born in UK and having UK birth certificates but not born in the current Visa .
2. Is there any rejection chances for Citizenship without ILR?
3. I works as an IT Contractor with Ltd Company and my wife holds few percentage of shares ? What are the documents we need to present for her income ( Please note she is the main applicant)

Thank you all your help in advance.
Regards
A John

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can our kids apply for the citizenship without ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 am

1. Yes you can apply to register them as British on form MN1.

2. No. UK born children DO NOT require ILR to register as British. They have an entitlement to register.

3. For ILR based on Tier 2, she is required to meet the £35,500pa evidence only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.