ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After ILR application submission, how Can I send ORIGINAL "IELTS-B1 Certificate"?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gaurav_UK
Newly Registered
India

After ILR application submission, how Can I send ORIGINAL "IELTS-B1 Certificate"?

Post by Gaurav_UK » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi there,
After 5 year of Tier 2 (General) VISA, I (as main applicant) and my wife (as dependant) submitted ILR application a month ago. I did a stupid mistake and submitted a coloured printout of "IELTS-B1 (life skills) English test Certificate" for my wife's ILR application. Now, when I realised it, I have already received HO confirmation for the application receiving and my Case ID number.
My problem is do I need to send her original "IELTS-B1 (life skills) English test Certificate" to HO? And, if yes, where to submit it?

Please help!
Many thanks,
Gaurav

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: After ILR application submission, how Can I send ORIGINAL "IELTS-B1 Certificate"?

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Gaurav_UK wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 pm
Hi there,
After 5 year of Tier 2 (General) VISA, I (as main applicant) and my wife (as dependant) submitted ILR application a month ago. I did a stupid mistake and submitted a coloured printout of "IELTS-B1 (life skills) English test Certificate" for my wife's ILR application. Now, when I realised it, I have already received HO confirmation for the application receiving and my Case ID number.
My problem is do I need to send her original "IELTS-B1 (life skills) English test Certificate" to HO? And, if yes, where to submit it?

Please help!
Many thanks,
Gaurav
The same address you sent your application but note with the case number and a letter what's happened.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Gaurav_UK
Newly Registered
India

Re: After ILR application submission, how Can I send ORIGINAL "IELTS-B1 Certificate"?

Post by Gaurav_UK » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi cyclina1,
Thanks for your reply.
Furthermore, could you please also advise, if HO really need original IELTS certificate, as they might check on the IELTS website using Ref certificate number; as they didn't specifically asked for the original certificate for dependent's English language test certificate (only ref number needed to fill in the online form).
Sorry! I am just worried if I send original certificate now, it may lost somewhere in the office! (as some people reported on this website that the document they sent afterwards was lost and untraceable). :| :cry:
Best regards,
Gaurav

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0.0ext.pdf

Page 12 of 29 Published for Home Office staff on 28 March 2018

For tests taken on or after 6 April 2015, applicants do not need to supply any evidence of the English language test - instead they must provide a unique reference number (URN). The URN is in the following format:
XXX/123456/123456/123456789 which consists of the:
o first 3 letters of the SELT provider’s name

o date of test

o test centre number 

o candidate number

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:01 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 pm
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0.0ext.pdf

Page 12 of 29 Published for Home Office staff on 28 March 2018

For tests taken on or after 6 April 2015, applicants do not need to supply any evidence of the English language test - instead they must provide a unique reference number (URN). The URN is in the following format:
XXX/123456/123456/123456789 which consists of the:
o first 3 letters of the SELT provider’s name

o date of test

o test centre number 

o candidate number

This refers to NATURALISATION applications.

For ILR, the ORIGINAL documents must be sent as the ILR forms clearly state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gaurav_UK
Newly Registered
India

Post by Gaurav_UK » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for your reply. Indeed, I have applied for ILR, so I think I should send Original IELTS-B1 Certificate.
On SET (O) Guidance Notes (Version 07/2018) - Page 9
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf
It says that ..
17. Contacting us after you have applied
If you need to contact us and have applied for any of the following:
• Tier 1 (Exceptional talent)
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
• Tier 1 (Investor
• Tier 2
• PBS Dependant
• UK Ancestry
You must write to the following address:
Tier 1 ILR
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Does this mean everyone should send it to Tier 1 ILR address, regardless if your are Tier 2 or other category.
Regards,
Gaurav