ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSC appointment ON the day of visa expiry?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

PSC appointment ON the day of visa expiry?

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Hey guys, so obviously quite a few of us are having issues booking our PSC appointments but last night I got lucky and managed to book one for the 24th September for my ILR before weeks worth of available dates simply disappeared hours later.

My ancestry visa expires ON the 24th September. The visa states "Valid until 24/09/2018". This should be ok right? The visa should still be valid on that day and if I'm applying at the PSC on that day it should all still be legally fine?

I'm going to try and reschedule to an earlier date as best I can but it seems down to pure luck at the moment. Looking for a bit of reassurance <3

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PSC appointment ON the day of visa expiry?

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Fine to apply on the last day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:34 pm
Fine to apply on the last day.
Thank youuuu :D

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi FreshFromTheGrave, can u tell what time did you book your appointment at night and which centre?
thanks

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:40 pm

umair2017 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm
Hi FreshFromTheGrave, can u tell what time did you book your appointment at night and which centre?
thanks
I booked a Croydon appointment at about 2am last night. These appointments were available from midnight and did not disappear until sometime in the morning when I was asleep. It took me a long time to decide to book and I checked multiple times and the appointments from the 24th Sept onwards did not disappear. There were appointments available for about 3 weeks solid from the 24th, all have disappeared now but I do not believe that is because they are all booked, I believe it is because they are not being displayed.

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:43 pm

FreshFromTheGrave wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:40 pm
umair2017 wrote:
thanks
I booked a Croydon appointment at about 2am last night. These appointments were available from midnight and did not disappear until sometime in the morning when I was asleep. It took me a long time to decide to book and I checked multiple times and the appointments from the 24th Sept onwards did not disappear. There were appointments available for about 3 weeks solid from the 24th, all have disappeared now but I do not believe that is because they are all booked, I believe it is because they are not being displayed.
thats cool at least u got it, I am also trying to get one but cant. So it mean will have to be awake by 2 am.

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:46 pm

umair2017 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:43 pm
FreshFromTheGrave wrote:
umair2017 wrote:
thanks
thats cool at least u got it, I am also trying to get one but cant. So it mean will have to be awake by 2 am.
Keep trying around midnight and see if they reappear. Like I say I don't think these appointments are all booked you just have to get lucky for them to display for you. I also saw an abundance of Birmingham appointments today in the afternoon at about 15:00 but all disappeared shortly after. The earliest of those was the last week of August and weeks were available. No chance those all got booked in an hour.

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:49 pm

FreshFromTheGrave wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:46 pm
umair2017 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:43 pm
FreshFromTheGrave wrote:
umair2017 wrote:
thanks
Keep trying around midnight and see if they reappear. Like I say I don't think these appointments are all booked you just have to get lucky for them to display for you. I also saw an abundance of Birmingham appointments today in the afternoon at about 15:00 but all disappeared shortly after. The earliest of those was the last week of August and weeks were available. No chance those all got booked in an hour.
Pls do share also the outcome of your appointment, best of luck