ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 multitasker

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aussiedesigner
Newly Registered
Australia

Tier 2 multitasker

Post by aussiedesigner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi guys,

I'm currently a graphic designer whose wanting to get sponsored working for a graphic design company that want to sponsor me. Unfortunately graphic design (3421) is RQF 3, but a lot of the work I do with the company could well be considered web design and development (2137) which is RQF 6 or illustration (3411 Artists in the creative sector) RQF 4. My bachelor degree also meant that I studied all three areas, though it mostly focused on graphic design.

If I get my company to hire me as a web developer or illustrator, who also does a bit of graphic design will this be acceptable for the immigration case workers? Or will they look at my history of just graphic design and judge my application on that?

Thanks so much for any help!

ucio36
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Re: Tier 2 multitasker

Post by ucio36 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Hey,

I have a very similar question. Hope you don't mind me asking here, or pls let me know if you have solved your problem.

I am working as an animator in a design studio. In May we failed our application for 3411 Artist - Animator under shortage occupation as my company didn't show enough proof of working in TV, Game and Film sector.
Now we will to do RLMT and apply again for the general route.
However, we are unsure if we can still apply under 3411 Artist with the same requirements and skills but also with RLMT proof.

Does the job title need to be exactly the same as one from the list below?

3411 Artist:

Related job titles:
• Artist
• Illustrator
• Portrait painter
• Sculptor

We're concerned that they will see us as Graphic Design - lower skilled, although they are two very different jobs for any artworker...
I will say Illustrator is closer to what I do than Graphic Design.
Should I go for Illustrator as my job title?
We do have an illustration team and illustrators - they are even bigger than the animation team.
but we also worried that it will look weird to apply for different job visas for the same person.

Any thoughts? Please, anything will be very helpful.
Thank you very much!