ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received ARC card after being detained

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RamboRamsey
Newly Registered
India

Received ARC card after being detained

Post by RamboRamsey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi guys,

I’ve been a silent reader on this forum for quite some time.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my issue.

I arrived in January 2007 as a dependant on my fathers work permit. I was 14.

Visa expires in 2010 and been an overstayer since after failed extension.

Applied under human rights (as a dependant) in 2012 and refused.

I’ve been reporting at Becket house since around July 2015.

I got detained in November 2017 at Becker house while reporting and I claimed asylum as i didn’t feel safe going back to my country especially when all my family is here and I was a minor when I left India.

I didn’t have to report after being granted bail until April 2018. I received my ARC card and the same day I received a letter from Becket house asking me to report on 25th August and then monthly (btw 25th August falls on a Saturday and they’re usually closed on Saturdays so I’m a bit worried about why they called me on a Saturday unless it’s a clerical error. I’ve been trying to call them everyday regarding this but they never answer their phone)

I’ve got an existing FLR FP application pending based on my British partner and a British child which was submitted on 2nd August.

Can anyone advice on what to expect on my first day back to the reporting centre? My
Wife is pregnant (27 weeks) and I have moved away from London to midlands so it’d be difficult to travel up there every month especially as my son is 16 months old and
My wife has a lot issues in her pregnancy.

Thanks for your time and I’d appreciate any help.

bubbly2703
United Kingdom

Re: Received ARC card after being detained

Post by bubbly2703 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 pm

hi,

Written then a letter of change of address and the issue with the day of reporting asap as recorded mail and keep a record of this. all the best

RamboRamsey
Newly Registered
India

Re: Received ARC card after being detained

Post by RamboRamsey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:27 am

Thank you for your help.

Also since I have an FLR FP Application pending would it be sensible to withdraw my asylum application?

If I leave my asylum application along with FLR FP would it cause any issues for me?

Thanks in advance.