ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue May 13, 2008 12:28 pm

For zaynab79

plz let me know what supporting document si need to submit when applying for visa?

1. wil they call office and ask them to call me on phone too?

ans: Yes they may ask for you on phone.

2. will they call office and call me seprately for verification?

ans: Its also the possiblity to call in office sepratly or call you in your personal cell phone number.

3. how much do i need to show in bank account and for how long?

ans: It varies in case to case. If you have accomodation offer letter + you want to apply with no dependant. then i guess around 5 lac is enough.

4. can i show joint account with mother/father?

5. do i need to send photcopies or original?

ans: No, you need to send them origianl documents and also photocopies. (All original + photocopies of all that original docs)

6. do they call for interview?

ans: its very less chance to call you for interview I think now days 95 cases done through just telephonic interview/verification.

7. is it better that i apply with husband or nt?

ans: if you have funds then you can apply with your husband.

8. if husband is not workin will they approve or reject?

ans: NO matter husband is working or not... i think they just confirm your job verifications.

plz helppppppp

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue May 13, 2008 12:35 pm

salam Khurram, Laraib, waiting for EC and Maidy,

Best of luck for EC for all of you.

I need your comments on my following queries. Please update me.

1. [I have sent the ITR (Income Tax Return) With HSMP application. Now I want to confirm that should I also attach ITR for EC (ITR is mandatory in any case for EC). ]

2. [I have accommodation offer and funds of 500 K. I want to apply with no dependant. Is this amount is sufficient for EC. ]

Regards,

maidy

Post by maidy » Tue May 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Because u sent ITR to H.O for HSMP approval therefore you have to provide the same for E.C. I also recommend to include your NTN Certificate alongwith ITR.

Funds u stated are enough.

best of luck.

Maidy

maidy

Post by maidy » Tue May 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Salam! Khuram, Laraib and Waitingforec any updates from ur side as u all got verification calls in ur offices already. hoping best for .....
An inquiry from BHC was received in my Bank through Head Office of Bank on Friday 09/04/08 and they replied to Head Office on the same day.

Today BHC person called on my Cell and make some inquires..........

Now pray for me ........... let see......... when the +ve result comes ....

good luck to all those applied for EC.....

SoftLogic have u applied or not yet?

zaynab79
United Kingdom

applying for EC soon

Post by zaynab79 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:01 pm

thank u so muc bhatti but i wld also like to know i have recieved HSMP of rules applied before 29th feb so weneva i apply for EC it will on same rules not on tier1 if tier1 is roled out in pakistan after june 30th.
also how much do i need to show with husband?? plz provide all details

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Tue May 13, 2008 6:38 pm

@maidy,
This is the first inquiry call you received from BHC. you said you are the owner of your own business so this call is actually a verification call ?
The EC i guess may take more time. Read press release from BHC
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 9223910550

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:13 am

Best of Luck Maidy, Khuram, Laraib and Waitingforec,
i am hopefull that all of you will be geting your Visa stamped soon might be within this week.
i also Applied for EC on 12th of may and now waiting prayers. one mistake that i made is i forget to attach my NTN certificate. i dont know how much effect this will make on my application.

Zaynab79 your EC application will be treated under old rules and with husband i think more than 9 Lakh will be enough.

yeah WaitingforEC its taking long now a days bcoz of extra checks they are making on EC application. no worries as long as our case is genuine:)

Take Care and Best Regards,
Kash

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Wed May 14, 2008 7:20 am

Salam zaynab79

Minimum funds details are as below

2800 GBP for single

2800 + 1500 = 4300 with one dependant.

4300 + 1500 = 5800 with two dependant.

Above figures are minimum funds requirements. If you can manage then better to arrange the funds around 8-10 lac PKR.

About rules I think you are safe enough to apply for EC in old rules. But better to apply as soon as possible, because according to circumstances of Pakistan better to manage the requirements. Apply for EC and pack the bag.

Regards,

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Wed May 14, 2008 7:23 am

Thanks Maidy for your time to comment on my queries. Very best of luck for your EC. Hope you will get good news soon.

Also Best of Luck other members Khuram, Laraib, Waitingforec and softlogin20

Regards,

Laraib

Post by Laraib » Wed May 14, 2008 7:32 am

bhatti_pk wrote:Thanks Maidy for your time to comment on my queries. Very best of luck for your EC. Hope you will get good news soon.

Also Best of Luck other members Khuram, Laraib, Waitingforec and softlogin20

Regards,
Hi all

My case is refused on 9/5/08.I was so tense but my consultant encouraged me to apply for appeal.I am preparing for appeal because the ground for refusel is not geniun i.e transfer of 240000 in my account without giving proof although i give a stamp paper of selling my gold.
Praying for all who applied for EC.

Laraib

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Wed May 14, 2008 7:39 am

@Laraib,
Sorry to hear about that. Could you clarify "transfer of 240000 in my account without giving proof ". Did you transfer this amount after the submission of your application or it was the actual amount shown on your bank statement.
Last edited by waitingforec on Wed May 14, 2008 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Wed May 14, 2008 7:47 am

@Laraib

Oh my god.....I am sorry to hear about this.

Did you speak to High Commission regarding this?

I think if you provided them on stamp paper then they refused due to misunderstanding. You should apply for appeal with reference to that stamp paper.

Is there any conflict of date i.e. (selling date n amount transfer date?)

Regards

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:52 am

Laraib i am Sorry about your refusel:(
Can you please share with us little more details regarding funds and words of EC officer.

yeah it does not make sense to reject if you soldout your Gold and attached its proof on Stamp papare aswell. Yeah go for an apeal on these grouds.
Also if you will go with reguler apeal process or you will hire a Solicitor from UK for this ?
if they returned you your orginal HSMP letter ?

Regards,
Kash

nabsha

Revision

Post by nabsha » Wed May 14, 2008 8:01 am

Bhatti,

I think this formula needs revision... First of all, there is no formula for HSMP, just speculations. The formula for Maintenance funds under tier 1 is
that
Cost for Principal Applicant(PA) for 1 month: 800 GBP
Total Maintenance Cost for PA for 3 Months: 2400 GBP

Cost for First Dependent(Spouse): 533.33 GBP
Total Maintenance Cost for Spouse: 1600 GBP

Cost for Second Dependent(a child): 266.66 GBP
Total Maintenance Cost for a child: 800 GBP

Total Maintenance Cost for a family with 1 Kid: 4800 GBP

So for a family of 3, Total minimum amount one should have to apply for visa under tier-1 is 4800 and this should be in the bank for atleast 3 months.

IMHO, an equivalent amount in the bank for HSMP(old scheme) should also be considered but that again is just a speculation.

Hope this helps.
bhatti_pk wrote:Salam zaynab79

Minimum funds details are as below

2800 GBP for single

2800 + 1500 = 4300 with one dependant.

4300 + 1500 = 5800 with two dependant.

Above figures are minimum funds requirements. If you can manage then better to arrange the funds around 8-10 lac PKR.

About rules I think you are safe enough to apply for EC in old rules. But better to apply as soon as possible, because according to circumstances of Pakistan better to manage the requirements. Apply for EC and pack the bag.

Regards,

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Wed May 14, 2008 8:16 am

@NABSHA

Thanks NABSHA,

I think there is no hard and fast for funds. BHC accepts some cases with Principle applicant of 35, 0000 PKR and some times they refuse with even funds of 10 lac PKR. I have checked in different sites then suggest this amount. You may also right and I don’t think so this is the hard and fast rule, that’s why I suggest if applicant can manage good funds then he/she should manage for strong case.

Regards,

Laraib

Post by Laraib » Wed May 14, 2008 8:39 am

softlogic20 wrote:Laraib i am Sorry about your refusel:(
Can you please share with us little more details regarding funds and words of EC officer.

yeah it does not make sense to reject if you soldout your Gold and attached its proof on Stamp papare aswell. Yeah go for an apeal on these grouds.
Also if you will go with reguler apeal process or you will hire a Solicitor from UK for this ?
if they returned you your orginal HSMP letter ?

Regards,
Hi
Yes they return all my documentys except my bank satatment.I am thinking what to do.I have 28 days to appeal only.Can someone help me how to appeal?

Laraib

maidy

Post by maidy » Wed May 14, 2008 11:36 am

@Laraib

Really sorry to hear about ur refusal. However the reason u stated is not strong enough and hopefully u can get ur visa in appeal.

In my openion u should also provide some sales receipt of Gold u sold. if u dont have one then try to get it from the Jewller Shop where u sold out ur gold. I think this is what they mean. BHC needs a proof where these funds came from in ur account...... while a stamp is only an affidavit from u about sale and it is difficult for them to consider this as a proof of sale...

so, u try to get a receipt of sales........... to include it in ur grounds of appeal..... best of luck..........

Maidy......

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:58 am

sorry about ur case laraib.

basically i can apply EC under old rules because i have HSMP under rules applicable before 29 feb. thats relieving news.i was very tensed.
secondly i need to show atleast 8-9lakh for both husband and me which i will but can we show different accounts joint with our parents or is it necessary to show our joint accounts??
will it be important if he is not working at the time of application? everyone keeps on talking about maintenance funds which applies to tier1 but i didnt apply under tier1 as its not for pakistanis as yet. in the account bank statement do we need to show activity cuz in my savings account money is just deposited i havent done transactions in account.

maidy

Post by maidy » Wed May 14, 2008 11:58 am

@Laraib
Following is the link where u can find Appela Forms and Guidance regarding Appeal Process.
AIT2 Form is for you.

http://www.ait.gov.uk/FormsGuidance/sta ... lForms.htm

Under the tab "Case Law" u can find archived cases decided in appealt Tribunal.

Hoping for the Best......

Maidy..

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Wed May 14, 2008 12:35 pm

@Laraib,
Someone i knew applied for EC last year when EC used to take 5-10 days. He waited for two weeks and took out his money from bank account because he thought his case is stuck in other kind of verification but not the bank verification and it gonna take long time. The BHC verified from Bank very next day and his case was rejected because of insuffient funds. He filed an appeal himself later with statements showing more than 1 million Rs. in his account. It took 6 months and court maintained the BHC decision.
Anyway your case is different from him as your funds were there while EC processing. Hopefully everything will be fine

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:51 pm

yeah i agree with WaitingforEC , apeal process is too long.
Laraib i will suggest to go with New EC application. you are lucky you get your orginal HSMP letter so go with fresh EC application with all the docs needed esp sale docs of your Gold. That is much easy and quicker than Apeal.

Regards,
Kash

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Wed May 14, 2008 3:00 pm

I agreed with softlogic20. The person i mentioned in my previous posting has not got back the original HSMP letter from BHC. They kept it with them

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 pm

Hello Laraib,

Did you apply single or with dependent.

Regards,......Azfer

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Wed May 14, 2008 5:29 pm

Is there any case where EC was applied without proof of funds for any transaction and got approval.

I have applied for EC with dependent having total funds 700,000/- as cash balance. I borrowed 200,000 from my friend and written in the cover letter but did not attach any proof. Can anyone shed light on this scenario.

Regards,.......Azfer

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Wed May 14, 2008 9:03 pm

@Laraib

ECO can make a new objection when one reapply. It is considered a new application and not merely revision of a particular point.
Pakistani fallows should avoid reapplying as one may end up with a new objection which may be difficult to dislodge.
No doubt appeal would take more time but result would be better and time can be curtailed by;
- FILING APPEAL AT THE EARLIEST OF 28 DAYS
- SENDING APPEAL DIRECTLY TO AIT INSTEAD OF BHC.