ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee Leter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinoit
Mood:
India

ILR in Probation Period

Post by vinoit » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi All,
I am eligible for ILR in two weeks time but i am starting my new job this Wednesday[25th July 2017]. May be bit crazy :wink: to switch the job at this point but it was a good offer and nice company. So couldn't say no. I heard from few that i cannot apply for ILR while i am in Probation Period. Is that true?

Is it possible to apply for ILR in probation period? If so is there any more documents required than usual.

Regarding last 3 months payslip - I cannot provide that with my current company, is it ohk to include previous company's payslip.

I just wanted to know whether i can apply or not.

Thanks in advance,
Vino :)

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Re: ILR in Probation Period

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:14 pm

vinoit wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:07 pm
Hi All,
I am eligible for ILR in two weeks time but i am starting my new job this Wednesday[25th July 2017]. May be bit crazy :wink: to switch the job at this point but it was a good offer and nice company. So couldn't say no. I heard from few that i cannot apply for ILR while i am in Probation Period. Is that true?

Is it possible to apply for ILR in probation period? If so is there any more documents required than usual.

Regarding last 3 months payslip - I cannot provide that with my current company, is it ohk to include previous company's payslip.

Thanks in advance,
I think probation period has nothing to do with ILR.. There is no rule saying that u cant apply during prob period. as long as u can get letter from ur current employer saying that you are required for foreseeable future u shud be fine.

wrt payslip, Its better to go with 3 months payslip. But guidance says latest payslip is enough. hence i dont see any problem here. wait for others opinion as well

skreddy

Post by skreddy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:18 pm

you can apply without worry at all, I applied for ILR when I was on my probation period, I have started new job just a month before I applied to ILR. I have included one payslip from my new company as well. They just need pay slips and minimum income threshold.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:36 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:14 pm
vinoit wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:07 pm
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,
I think probation period has nothing to do with ILR.. There is no rule saying that u cant apply during prob period. as long as u can get letter from ur current employer saying that you are required for foreseeable future u shud be fine.

wrt payslip, Its better to go with 3 months payslip. But guidance says latest payslip is enough. hence i dont see any problem here. wait for others opinion as well
Thanks a lot for your response. So i can apply with last 3 months from my previous employer payslip right? or should i wait for my current employer month payslip?

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:37 pm

skreddy wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:18 pm
you can apply without worry at all, I applied for ILR when I was on my probation period, I have started new job just a month before I applied to ILR. I have included one payslip from my new company as well. They just need pay slips and minimum income threshold.
Thanks a lot for your response. Should i wait for a month payslip or shall i apply with previous 3 months payslip?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Suggest wait for your first payslip from your current sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:38 pm
Suggest wait for your first payslip from your current sponsor.
Thank you

vinoit
Mood:
India

ILR Payslip issue with new job

Post by vinoit » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I am now eligible for ILR. I have booked an appointment early September. I got few questions which needs to be clarified.

I have got a new Job three months before and they gave a COS with start date of July 2nd 2018. Applied through Premium Postal service and got visa valid from 25th of June 2018. But due to a month notice period I couldn’t start on 2nd of July as stated in COS. Discussed with new employer and moved the start date to 25th of July agreed.

So with X Employer - Left 20th July and a week holiday which count towards my salary.
New Employer - Joined 25th July

Unexpectedly new employer paid more than what I expected. I don’t know how to react, actually thought of saying this to my employer, but my friends said they might pay you less amount next month. So I left it as it was first month and extra money(:D) and its been two weeks now.

Now I am going to apply for ILR and need a reference letter from employer. Asked for it and they gave me a reference letter saying my start date as 2nd July. That explains why I got extra money.

I am stressed a bit, less than a month for ILR. Don’t know what documents to submit in terms of payslips.

I need to submit my last three months payslips. I don’t know which one’s to submit.

As I need to submit bank statements as well. These transactions will be there and not sure they will reject because I got two salaries on same month and because of the wrong start date.

What you guys recommend?

Here i come with two options to submit as below

Option 1

New Employer’s August Payslip
New Employer’s July Payslip[Extra Money]
Old Employer’s July Payslip[Though I worked until 20th they deducted some money because they paid me for my visa application] - Do I need to submit this?
Old Employer’s June Payslip

Option 2

Talk to my current employer to change the start date to 25th July and submit

Old Employer’s July Payslip

Though the new employers salary will be seen in bank statements.

Would be great if you got any other options? Looking forward your valuable responses. I am really worried about this as I don’t want to get rejected because of this reason.

Will they look for my old employer COS termination date?
Also in the employer reference letter does forceable future is a must have word?

Thanks in advance. :shock:

vinoit
Mood:
India

New Employer wrong start date and Payslip

Post by vinoit » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 am

Hi Guys,

I am now eligible for ILR. I have booked an appointment early September. I got few questions which needs to be clarified.

I have got a new Job three months before and they gave a COS with start date of July 2nd 2018. Applied through Premium Postal service and got visa valid from 25th of June 2018. But due to a month notice period I couldn’t start on 2nd of July as stated in COS. Discussed with new employer and moved the start date to 25th of July agreed.

So with X Employer - Left 20th July and a week holiday which count towards my salary.
New Employer - Joined 25th July

Unexpectedly new employer paid more than what I expected. I don’t know how to react, actually thought of saying this to my employer, but my friends said they might pay you less amount next month. So I left it as it was first month and extra money(:D) and its been two weeks now.

Now I am going to apply for ILR and need a reference letter from employer. Asked for it and they gave me a reference letter saying my start date as 2nd July. That explains why I got extra money.

I am stressed a bit, less than a month for ILR. Don’t know what documents to submit in terms of payslips.

I need to submit my last three months payslips. I don’t know which one’s to submit.

As I need to submit bank statements as well. These transactions will be there and not sure they will reject because I got two salaries on same month and because of the wrong start date.

What you guys recommend?

Here i come with two options to submit as below

Option 1

New Employer’s July Payslip[Extra Money]
Old Employer’s July Payslip[Though I worked until 20th they deducted some money because they paid me for my visa application] - Do I need to submit this?

Option 2

Talk to my current employer to change the start date to 25th July and submit

Old Employer’s July Payslip

Though the new employers salary will be seen in bank statements.

Would be great if you got any other options? Looking forward your valuable responses. I am really worried about this as I don’t want to get rejected because of this reason.

Will they look for my old employer COS termination date?
Also in the employer reference letter does forceable future is a must have word?

Thanks in advance.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Employee Leter

Post by vinoit » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:53 am

Hey Guys,
I am in the documentation preparation phase for IKR. I got a letter from employer but it doesn't say that i am still needed for the role. Here is the letter i received from HR.

Employee Ref: XXXX

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to confirm that Vxxxxxxx is employed by XXX in the Capacity of POSITION. Vxxxxxx start date with COMPANY IS xx JULY 2018 and he is employed on a full time permanent basis. Vxxxxxxx salary is XXX per annum.

The address we have on file for Vxxxxxxxx is XXXX.

This reference is supplied in good faith. It must not be disclosed to any third party without the express permission of XXX Ltd.

Should there be any further information you wish to know, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Your Sincerely

XX

Will this be OK? or i need that words in the employer reference letter.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employee Leter

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 am

You need the 'foreseeable future and salary payable for the forseeable future'.

Also, it is not a 'reference letter' that you need but confirmation of your employment details and ongoing requirement in the job. The letter should be addressed to Home Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:51 pm

I don't think it matters whether it is specifically addressed to Home Office or To Whom It May Concern.

But yes, it is a firm requirement that your employer should confirm you will be required for the foreseeable future.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Akorotaeva wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:51 pm
I don't think it matters whether it is specifically addressed to Home Office or To Whom It May Concern.
My point was mainly in relation to the particular sentence below, contained in the letter, which might indicate that the letter was asked for a purpose other than ILR, i.e. bank purposes etc.
This reference is supplied in good faith. It must not be disclosed to any third party without the express permission of XXX Ltd.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:54 pm
Akorotaeva wrote:
My point was mainly in relation to the particular sentence below, contained in the letter, which might indicate that the letter was asked for a purpose other than ILR, i.e. bank purposes etc.
Hmm, possibly, but IMO it seems like a generic, innocuous, corporate privacy statement.

My absences letter from a former employer doesn't have anything in terms who it is adressed to, but I suppose that kind of letter is of no use for other purposes except ILR...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Akorotaeva wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:59 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:54 pm
Akorotaeva wrote:
Hmm, possibly, but IMO it seems like a generic, innocuous, corporate privacy statement.

My absences letter from a former employer doesn't have anything in terms who it is adressed to, but I suppose that kind of letter is of no use for other purposes except ILR...
We have had members in the past post that employers have stated they would not provide supporting letters for ILR (obvs realising the employee can then leave) and have sneakily obtained letters similar to this OP for 'bank/mortgage/credit application' purposes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:05 pm

Yes, I remember seeing those stories. Those were clearly stated as being for the purpose of a bank loan however.

Regardless, I agree that OP would be much safer if the letter explicitly states that they are needed for the foreseeable future.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Thanks a lot for your responses guys. It does helps. I will chase my employer to include that line in my employer letter.