ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO refused my tier 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolo999
Newly Registered
Mood:
Qatar

HO refused my tier 4 visa

Post by lolo999 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

Hi everyone
on August 11th,2018 . I received refusal letter from HO on the ground i am not genuine student the reasons the home officer rely on
1- i just looed for two university.
2- i stated that oxford is near london so in weekends i can go thier, and he asked me why you like to visit london i said because it has shops and restaurant and to have fun .
3 - and because i couldn't remember the full name of one of friend of my friend which recommended for me Manchester university and i did not rely in her recommendation.

i have contacted my sponsor and asked them what i can do whether AR or Fresh application , then they asked me for a permission to get transcript of the interview

but now i am thinking what strong evidence i can include it in my AR or fresh application
i have mentioned in interview i already studied a pre sessional and i got very good grades but the home officer ignored that and i added this course will allow me to work in international firm in my country .
i told him that i already have visa and it finish on june

please advise me what evidence i can include ?
is there is chance ho change thier decision ?
is any one has the same experience and get again the visa?

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
India

Re: HO refused my tier 4 visa

Post by srijannpratap » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:36 am

lolo999 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am
Hi everyone
on August 11th,2018 . I received refusal letter from HO on the ground i am not genuine student the reasons the home officer rely on
1- i just looed for two university.
2- i stated that oxford is near london so in weekends i can go thier, and he asked me why you like to visit london i said because it has shops and restaurant and to have fun .
3 - and because i couldn't remember the full name of one of friend of my friend which recommended for me Manchester university and i did not rely in her recommendation.

i have contacted my sponsor and asked them what i can do whether AR or Fresh application , then they asked me for a permission to get transcript of the interview

but now i am thinking what strong evidence i can include it in my AR or fresh application
i have mentioned in interview i already studied a pre sessional and i got very good grades but the home officer ignored that and i added this course will allow me to work in international firm in my country .
i told him that i already have visa and it finish on june

is any one has the same experience and get again the visa?
oxford uni or oxford brookes?

lolo999
Newly Registered
Mood:
Qatar

Post by lolo999 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 am

Oxford Brookes university

wikki
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wikki » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Those reasons for refusal are quite stupid. Can we see the refusal letter?

lolo999
Newly Registered
Mood:
Qatar

Post by lolo999 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 pm

You were interviewed by an Entry Clearance Officer by telephone on 19 July 2018.
In your interview you were asked if you had considered any other place of study besides Oxford Brookes University. You stated that you also looked at Manchester University but did not consider any further institutions. When asked why you had only looked at these two universities you
replied that that you had a friend that recommended Oxford Brooks and another friend who studied at Manchester University. You were also asked if you had considered a third option but stated that you did not understand the question. A genuine student would be expected to have considered more than two universities given the time and money they would be investing with their studies in the UK.
You were asked why you had chosen Oxford Brookes rather than Manchester. You stated that Manchester University was more expensive than Oxford Brookes. You went on to state that you had a friend at Oxford Brookes studying Healthcare and that they had recommended this sponsor to you. You stated that you did not know much about locations in the UK and chose Oxford as a city based on this recommendation. I do not find it credible that someone seeking to improve their career prospects by studying at a postgraduate level would base their choice of university on the word of a friend studying a different subject, nor rule out a choice based solely on price. Furthermore, a genuine student would be expected to conduct thorough research on the places of study they were considering, including the region of the country they were situated in.
You were then asked what advantages your chosen academic sponsor had over other universities. You stated that this sponsor’s course covered traditional law as well as human rights and humanitarian law. When you were asked to explain how this represents an advantage over study with another university you replied that you had chosen this university for a ‘long time’ and were not sure about details of Law degrees at other universities. I do not find it credible that you would not have carried out research on courses with other institutions. A genuine student would be expected to be able to explain clearly why their preferred choice was more suited to their needs. In addition, I do not find it credible that a Law degree covering different areas of legal practice constitutes a unique benefit when compared to similar courses elsewhere.
You also state that Oxford Brookes was a desirable place of study as it is close to London and that you like to visit London due to the shopping opportunities. I do not find it credible that this is relevant to your studies in the UK or the choice to study at this location.
When asked if you had friends or family in the UK you replied that you had a friend in Manchester. You were unable to give her full name when asked and then you stated that you were not close to her and that you had only met her previously a group gathering. You were then asked if you had any other friends in the UK, to which you replied you did not. When asked about the previously mentioned friend at Oxford Brookes you said that they were a friend but also not close to you. Earlier in your interview you had stated that these two people were responsible for the choice to study at Oxford Brookes. The fact that you have made this decision based on the opinion of two people you have stated are not close acquaintances further undermines your credibility as a genuine student.
In view of this I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 245ZV(k) of the Immigration Rules and I therefore refuse your application for entry clearance.

by the way there is wrong information the home officeer invalided and i already notified my sponsor about it

nourah92
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by nourah92 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:51 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. What has your sponsor said about it?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:02 pm

lolo999 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am
Your sponsor needs to advise you about these matters, once they have read the transcript.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
India

Post by srijannpratap » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:56 pm

i have applied for brookes too, awaiting for the passport. Scarred as hell.
my interview was like this too i mentioned only one more university and then i said 2 more unis when they asked again.
and i didnt mention any friends or family members as i heard it tampers the whole application.
Ask your sponsor what to do next and do tell what the reply comes out to be.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wikki » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:46 pm

To be honest, your answers are not convincing. You contradicted yourself a lot, especially when you said your friends in the UK are not actually close friends. I'm sure your Tier 4 sponsor finds a way
(if you decide to file another Tier 4 visa application, DO watch videos on YouTube or search on forums how to answer typical UK Tier 4 visa questions)
All the best!!!