ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence based on marriage to Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marks2017
Newly Registered
Ireland

Permanent residence based on marriage to Irish citizen

Post by Marks2017 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:21 am

Hi,I was wondering how long it takes for ones permanent residence based on marriage to Irish citizen to come out.im married to an Irish citizen and arrived Ireland with a short stay visa(category c).I applied to the department of justice on the 6th of September 2017.
Sometime in May 2018 I wrote them telling them that my husband got another job and sent the documents.I haven’t heard from them again.was wondering what I should do

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Permanent residence based on marriage to Irish citizen

Post by max307 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Marks2017 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:21 am
Hi,I was wondering how long it takes for ones permanent residence based on marriage to Irish citizen to come out.im married to an Irish citizen and arrived Ireland with a short stay visa(category c).I applied to the department of justice on the 6th of September 2017.
Sometime in May 2018 I wrote them telling them that my husband got another job and sent the documents.I haven’t heard from them again.was wondering what I should do
Very strange that you still waiting for your Stamp 4. Were you issued a temporary Stamp 4 at least? Stamp 4 on the basis of marriage/civil partnership to an Irish citizen are usually completed within 6 months, sometimes even quicker than that.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Marks2017
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Marks2017 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:56 pm

No I didn’t get a temp stamp .

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Marks2017 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:56 pm
No I didn’t get a temp stamp .
Hmm ok.

Why don't you try to get some sort of update or at least ask them if there is something else they need from your side to expedite the application? Almost a year waiting seems way too long for me for the spouse/civil partner of an Irish citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Marks2017
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Marks2017 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Have written twice in the last 2weeks but didn’t get any reply from them.am confused on what to do

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Marks2017 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:53 pm
Have written twice in the last 2weeks but didn’t get any reply from them.am confused on what to do
Did you send an actual written letter or just e-mail?

I would encourage you to write a letter instead of e-mail/phone calls, that way they will be forced to at least acknowledge your correspondence and reply plus you have a paper trail in case you want to lodge a complaint.

Marks2017
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Marks2017 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:05 pm

In inis website,they said you shouldn’t write them unless it’s extremely necessary but you can send emails.I was thinking of consulting a solicitor and way the options that I would be given.Am trying to be careful so I don’t get it wrong.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Marks2017 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:05 pm
In inis website,they said you shouldn’t write them unless it’s extremely necessary but you can send emails.I was thinking of consulting a solicitor and way the options that I would be given.Am trying to be careful so I don’t get it wrong.
Well this would qualify for "extremely necessary" since you have been waiting close to a year unable to work, travel, etc. In most cases they at least issue a temporary Stamp 4 so the applicant can work and travel freely while the application is being processed.