ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Employer Switch!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avju007
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Visa Employer Switch!

Post by avju007 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi I am currently working for an employer who has sponsored my Tier 2 Visa(till June 2021). I have got another offer from a new employer who has assigned a CoS for me recently and I am planning to go for a Premium service for my new tier 2 visa.

My Questions are,

1. Which visa application should I fill - Tier 2 switch or Tier 2 Extension?
2. The Start date in my new CoS is 20/08/2018, but if I don't get an premium appointment before that, will that be okay? IF yes, What'll be the start date in my visa confirmation letter or in my new BRP.
3. After I get my new visa (confirmation letter on the day of my premium service) Can I serve my notice period (2 weeks) with my previous employer?
4. If I can serve my notice after getting the new visa confirmation letter, Should my new employer inform the home office about my actual start date with my new employer?
5.Should I start my new position only after receiving my new BRP or I can start my new job on the start date which my new employer specifies to the home office even if the date is before my new BRP arrives?
6. I have paid my IHS for the previous visa(may 2018 - june 2021), I know that I should be paying my IHS for the new visa since it is a new application, but is it possible to reimburse the previously paid IHS?

IF someone could help me out with this, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 Visa Employer Switch!

Post by UKLL » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:22 pm

avju007 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:08 pm
Hi I am currently working for an employer who has sponsored my Tier 2 Visa(till June 2021). I have got another offer from a new employer who has assigned a CoS for me recently and I am planning to go for a Premium service for my new tier 2 visa.

My Questions are,

1. Which visa application should I fill - Tier 2 switch or Tier 2 Extension?
There is no Tier 2 switch, there is only Tier 2 Extension

2. The Start date in my new CoS is 20/08/2018, but if I don't get an premium appointment before that, will that be okay? IF yes, What'll be the start date in my visa confirmation letter or in my new BRP.
It is OK, date is likely to be the date when you have your appointment

3. After I get my new visa (confirmation letter on the day of my premium service) Can I serve my notice period (2 weeks) with my previous employer?
If your get your new visa after the start date on your CoS, then no. You can ask your new employer to change your start date to 2 weeks later tho, in which case you may be able to serve your notice period.

4. If I can serve my notice after getting the new visa confirmation letter, Should my new employer inform the home office about my actual start date with my new employer?
Yes your employer will need to.

5.Should I start my new position only after receiving my new BRP or I can start my new job on the start date which my new employer specifies to the home office even if the date is before my new BRP arrives?
It is up to you and your employer. Normally your new employer won't start you before you have actually received BRP, because your application could get refused!

6. I have paid my IHS for the previous visa(may 2018 - june 2021), I know that I should be paying my IHS for the new visa since it is a new application, but is it possible to reimburse the previously paid IHS?
I don't know. I haven't. Would love to find out

IF someone could help me out with this, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Svams
Newly Registered

Post by Svams » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi avju007,

Am sailing on the same boat as you and thought if you can help me on some of my very basic and initial questions.

My new employer has no experience in dealing with Tier 2 General VISA and matter of fact is that it's first time they are sponsoring to someone. Considering this I see a risk and also little confused how to go about.

My current VISA expires in April-2021 and by then am eligible for ILR i.e in around 2yrs 8 months time.
So am trying find answers for below:

1. Where to start the extension process
2. What questions should I ask to my new employer
3. My new employer said they advertised the job but am still to get answer if they carried out the ‘resident labour market test’
4. Should I now ask my new employer to give me visa up to 3 yrs or more than 3 ys
5. My wife has dependant VISA i.e dependent of me and her VISA expires in Apr-2021. So if I switch to new employer VISA then should my wife also needs to switch to new VISA or she can still be on old VISA until it expires i.e 2021.
6. What should I be careful about, and etc

I know few questions are very generic but appreciate your guidance as you might have already gathered some information !!!

Regards,
Svams

MohamedSheriff
Newly Registered

Post by MohamedSheriff » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:17 am

Hi avju007
Im in the same situation as you. Could you please provide me the the document checklist to switch tier 2 visa employer.

Should I also re-apply for my wife's visa who is a tier 2 dependant.

Thanks in advance