ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still Waiting for extensions but what if 5 years completed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khaky
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Still Waiting for extensions but what if 5 years completed

Post by Khaky » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Hi, I'm a silent member of this foroum. I have been waiting for my extension for almost 18 months. My timeline is as following
First grant March 2014, 50 k route.
Applied for extension in March 2017
Complex letter May 2017
Interview November 2017
IHS refund June 2018
No MP involved
My question is , shall I be eligible for indefinite leave to remain if my application is not decided till March 2019 when my 5 years on intrepreneur is completed.

vinny

Re: Still Waiting for extensions but what if 5 years completed

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 am

The IHS refund may imply a refusal. Did they give any explanations?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:07 am

Khaky wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 pm
Hi, I'm a silent member of this foroum. I have been waiting for my extension for almost 18 months. My timeline is as following
First grant March 2014, 50 k route.
Applied for extension in March 2017
Complex letter May 2017
Interview November 2017
IHS refund June 2018
No MP involved
My question is , shall I be eligible for indefinite leave to remain if my application is not decided till March 2019 when my 5 years on intrepreneur is completed.
You should be able to vary your application to ILR if you have not received a decision by Feb 2019. Haven't seen anyone do that yet, but I can't see anything in the rules that would prevent that.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Khaky
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Khaky » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks for your reply. When I mentioned IHS refund I meant partial refund.

Khaky
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Khaky » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:49 pm

Thanks marcnath for your reply. But one solicitor told me that doing this you should have a visa granted, but in the rules there isn't a condition of visa grant, is it?
And one more question please.incase of varying my case after 2 years completion what will be the starting period for employment job. Will it be counted from the date my first visa expired I.e March 2017 ? Please your opinion , thanks.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Khaky wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:49 pm
Thanks marcnath for your reply. But one solicitor told me that doing this you should have a visa granted, but in the rules there isn't a condition of visa grant, is it?
And one more question please.incase of varying my case after 2 years completion what will be the starting period for employment job. Will it be counted from the date my first visa expired I.e March 2017 ? Please your opinion , thanks.
Yes, you should have a visa granted, but it does not say you should have an extension granted.

For example, the job creation requirement for ILR only says "The jobs must have existed for at least 12 months during the applicant’s most recent grant of leave"

If your extension application is not decided, the most recent grant of leave will be the initial leave.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.