ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German Work Permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Track101

German Work Permit

Post by Track101 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi,

Are german work permits employer specific. Is it possible to switch to another job, while on a work permit.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: German Work Permit

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Track101 wrote:Hi,

Are german work permits employer specific. Is it possible to switch to another job, while on a work permit.
Yes to the first, and no to the second. Well, not without a new work permit anyway, u can't transfer it or work willy nilly.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Track101

German Work Permit

Post by Track101 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Thanks for the info

If i am fired while on a work permit, should i leave the country immediately.

I have to find another job and get the new work permit before the notice period expires?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: German Work Permit

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Track101 wrote:Thanks for the info

If i am fired while on a work permit, should i leave the country immediately.

I have to find another job and get the new work permit before the notice period expires?
The Germans are buggers, my gf's RP/WP expired the day her work contract expired, giving her theoretically till midnight to leave the country on a friday evening!

There was some arrangement tho - cos when her first one expired ISTR she was given a rather dodgy looking piece of paper giving her leave till her next one started.

After the second one expired, it seems the guy in the auslanderbehorde fancied her and gave her an extra week after the work contract finished.

Don't think about getting fired - think positive! Germany is great place, better than this shithole.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....