ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Got Rejected on Maintenenace - Need Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mangop
Newly Registered

EC Got Rejected on Maintenenace - Need Help

Post by mangop » Tue May 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Hello Friends,

I applied at Bangalore VFS on 11/04/08 and got a call to pick up the documents on 12/05/08. I was shocked to see the refusal of Entry Clearance on grounds of Maintenenace. It says you donot have 2800 pounds in possession. Now I had given my bank statement with more than Rs.6 lacs. Tough there was a deplete in balance in February at around 1 Lac Balance. Also I had invested some money in ELSS at end of year but I also received a fat check at end of the year on 31.03.08 as my FEP component and stuff. On application cash on hand in salary account was 6 lacs. Also I had furnished interenet copies of my demat and mutual account with Rs. 4 lac balance which were not considered. High Commision did not consider a letter from bank stating about my FDs with a substatial amount (More than 10 Lacs). I had not presented actual FDs but presented a letter from bank. I had also presented a internet copy from other bank account with balance of more than Rs. 4 lacs and internet copy of FD more than 5 Lacs.

I have got HSMP approval back and a copy of review request. Now can anyone suggest the best way to apply for review request?

Also, it is suggested that if there was lack of documentation then I can reapply with an appropriate form and reproduce all the documents. Can any one suggest what is appropriate form in this case? Also My HSMP was approved on 31st March and it is over months now, will they still consider the same Approval Notice?

Advise Please.

Manoj

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:55 pm

IMHO, mutual funds / demat accounts are not considered liquid finance as far as EC applications are concerned. Not sure, but have heard of cases where even FDs are not considered in support of applications.

Did you get your internet bank statements signed and stamped? Did you have minimum GBP 2800 balance in your back account on each day over the 3 month period? In my opinion, either or both of these reasons could have resulted in your EC refusal.

regards
Last edited by hsmpinuk70 on Wed May 14, 2008 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

mangop
Newly Registered

Internet statements didnot had bank stamp and sign

Post by mangop » Tue May 13, 2008 8:09 pm

Statement from internet were definitely much more than 2800 pounds, but there was no bank stamp and sign. Would that be the reason for rejection?

What do I do in this case? Also my HSMP approval is now more than 6 months old. Will they still consider for new application?

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:27 pm

@mangop

I feel that is the reason why your application got rejected.

logo, stamp and siganture
Regards
Ammu

80sPop
Newly Registered

Post by 80sPop » Wed May 14, 2008 7:43 am

Hi hsmpinuk70/mangpop,

mangpop: sorry to hear abt the rejection. Were the FD's more than 3 months old when u filed the application.
hsmpinuk70:
Are you sure that FD's are not taken into consideration? Anyone else got rejected coz of FD?

Even I am planning to show FD's maintained over 3 months. Would this work?

mangop
Newly Registered

Possible Mistakes

Post by mangop » Wed May 14, 2008 9:42 pm

I had not shown FDs but got a letter from bank manager that I posseses FDs of very high value. I just didnot wanted to loose those fds and get in to another mess. Yes my fds are more than 3 years old. You may still show actual FDs.