ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALISATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Phase10
Newly Registered

NATURALISATION

Post by Phase10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 am

Hello everyone,

Please I need your understanding with my challenges. In 2011 August, I was arrested for using someone’s Belgium passport to work in the UK. During this time I was granted a limited leave to remain cux my eu partner was already pregnant and I then applied for residence permit after my child was born n was granted 5years. But was given a caution for the Belgium passport I used by the British police back then.

My question now is, at present I hold permanent residence card and I have now been 4weeks overdue for naturalisation/british citizenship, if I apply now will it be granted considering the caution I received in 2011 for using a Belgium passport that belong to someone else please?

Will I need a English B1 test considering I am now studying computer science in a UK university? Can I use my admission letter as proof of English language please?

I will appreciate a positive contribution from you all. Many thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Re: NATURALISATION

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:42 am

Phase10 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 am
Will I need a English B1 test considering I am now studying computer science in a UK university?
Yes.
Phase10 wrote:
Can I use my admission letter as proof of English language please?
No. You need to have graduated from the course. Being admitted to a course in a UK university is not enough.
Phase10 wrote:
In 2011 August, I was arrested for using someone’s Belgium passport to work in the UK... if I apply now will it be granted considering the caution I received in 2011 for using a Belgium passport that belong to someone else please?
By using someone else's passport, you have committed two offenses at the very least; deception and being in the UK illegally.

If it is on your record with the Home Office, you do not qualify for naturalisation for 10 years from the time you became legal in the UK (i.e. from the date of issue of your Residence Card as a durable partner of an EEA citizen, as it sounds like you did not marry your EEA citizen partner).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Phase10
Newly Registered

Post by Phase10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:25 am

Many thanks for your swift response and your contribution. I am married to my EEA and still married. So you mean I will not be granted naturalisation till 2021?

Also, how do I know if this is on my record at the home office?

I have had a change of job for 4 different times since 2011 and all required a DBS check which all came out as nothing on my record, even the 2011 caution was not showing on my DBS so please could you kindly explained further?

I do appreciate your contribution

Thanks

Jbkhan32

Post by Jbkhan32 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:38 am

Phase10 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:25 am
Many thanks for your swift response and your contribution. I am married to my EEA and still married. So you mean I will not be granted naturalisation till 2021?

I have had a change of job for 4 different times since 2011 and all required a DBS check which all came out as nothing on my record, even the 2011 caution was not showing on my DBS so please could you kindly explained further?

I do appreciate your contribution

Thanks

Get a record first before apply

https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Phase10 wrote:
I am married to my EEA and still married. So you mean I will not be granted naturalisation till 2021?
Yes. The fact that you were (a) illegally in the UK and (b) using somebody else's passport count against your good character.
Phase10 wrote:
Apply for an SAR with the Home Office.
Phase10 wrote:
The good character requirements for naturalisation are much stricter than basic DBS checks. Go through the linked to PDF file.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Phase10
Newly Registered

Post by Phase10 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 am

Many thanks,! I quite appreciate all your positive contributions, I will do as you have said and feed you back.

Thanks to you all