ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Renewal online application done before current visa expiry but premium appointment after visa expiry date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jatinder24
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Renewal online application done before current visa expiry but premium appointment after visa expiry date

Post by Jatinder24 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi Experts,

I have applied for Tier 2 renewal, I have done the online application for renewal and paid health charge and application fee before the expiry of my current leave as i have choose to go for premium service (Same day visa) so the appointment i have got for premium service is falling after my visa expiry.
I want to know if some one have gone through similar situation like this, as i am bit worried if that the right way to do it or not,
My Solicitor who is helping me has advised that this is right way as i have made an application before the expiry of my current leave.

All you experts views/ advice will be highly appreciated.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 Renewal online application done before current visa expiry but premium appointment after visa expiry date

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:38 pm

The date of your application is the date you submit your online application, so your lawyer is right.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Jatinder24
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Renewal online application done before current visa expiry but premium appointment after visa expiry date

Post by Jatinder24 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks Cyclina1 for your reply,

Even i read the same thing on immigration rules on gov.co.uk However when you call the immigration helpline, they say the different thing, they recon we need to book an appointment before the visa expiry date and appointment date is the application date, and when i questioned him if you have any written evidence on this what you are saying and he changed his tone and said i am giving you the information what i know and all the information is on gov.co.uk. very confusing :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Jatinder24 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 pm
Thanks Cyclina1 for your reply,

Even i read the same thing on immigration rules on gov.co.uk However when you call the immigration helpline, they say the different thing, they recon we need to book an appointment before the visa expiry date and appointment date is the application date, and when i questioned him if you have any written evidence on this what you are saying and he changed his tone and said i am giving you the information what i know and all the information is on gov.co.uk. very confusing :?
See Point 204 on page 49 in the guidance notes.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... evised.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jatinder24
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jatinder24 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Thanks CR001 for your reply

So Cyclina1 is right and date of application is the date of submission of online application and doesn't matter when the premium appointment is booked.

Thanks