ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - when to apply? (extended family member)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

httdong
Newly Registered

EEA PR - when to apply? (extended family member)

Post by httdong » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi everyone,

My daughter (18yrs) and I (non EEA) hold RC from 19 Dec 2013 to 19 Dec 2018. My partner is EEA national, we have a 4yrs son born in UK who holds EEA passport as his father (we never married). My partner is the sponsor and he has been exercising treaty right as a self sufficient person as we have comprehensive health insurance from June 2013, so technically he has automatically acquire PR status in the UK.

I wonder when can my daughter and I apply for PR? I heard we could only apply on or after 19 Dec 2018, is this correct? if so, how about my work - would my work be suspended? When I applied for RC back in 2013, my COA said I could not work. Would COA say the same thing now when I apply for PR? I am so worried about my job.

I guess I am not the only person in this situation. Please advise!! Many thanks.

at12

Re: EEA PR - when to apply? (extended family member)

Post by at12 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 pm

You can apply on 19 December.
Your CoA should allow you to work, see here (I was the same situation and had the same question):
eea-route-applications/eea-pr-unmarried ... 56762.html

In my case my partner applied for PR beforehand.. I thought that makes the non-EEA application easier as then you have to send less documents and the checks related to exercising treaty rights are already cleared. It is not necessary.. but some people find it easier that way.

Good luck.

httdong
Newly Registered

Post by httdong » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Thank you at12,

If I could only send my application on 19 Dec 2018, what should I tell my employer?

at12

Post by at12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:48 am

Well.. (i) don't say anything and hope they won't notice? Not sure how big your company is. (ii) explain your situation and that you expect to receive a CoA soon after application, which will confirm your right to work (iii) apply now for a new EEA(FM) RC? I never heard of any case where people went for route (iii) but I suppose that is an option if you want to heave peace of a mind and a document still valid when you apply for PR.

httdong
Newly Registered

Post by httdong » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:06 am

You are genus! I haven't thought of the option iii. But it could be the way to cover the gap. I will talk to my HR and see what they say. Many thanks.

httdong
Newly Registered

EEA PR - extended family member 18yrs old need help!

Post by httdong » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:06 am

Hi everyone,

My daughter just turned 18yrs old and our RC is due to expire in Dec 2018. She is planning to work instead of going to Uni. I wonder if it would negatively impact her PR application in December? She will still live with us in the same address but might not be financially dependent because she will make money by then.

Can she be considered as a member of EEA household? In our family we have myself as non-EEA and hold RC as same as my daughter, my partner (unmarried partner) and our son are EEA nationals. We have lived as a family together for 9 years since she was 9 years old. Although she is not a daughter of my EEA partner, she is a half sister of her younger brother who is EEA national - would all of these considered? or must she be financially dependent to be considered a PR?

I am worried, and need your help as I could not bear the thought she might be refused to stay in UK after all.
Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:28 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.