ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Portuguese citizen- do i need to get a residence permit EEA1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manueld12
Newly Registered

Portuguese citizen- do i need to get a residence permit EEA1

Post by manueld12 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:21 am

Hi

im a portuguese citizen (i was an indian national before this but i recently was naturalised as a portuguese citizen)

on my old indian passport i had a residence permit for 5 year. but now i have to give up my indian passport (india doesnt allow dual nationality)

do i need to get a residence permit in my new portuguese passport to notify the home office that i reside in the UK?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 14, 2008 1:54 am

21.4.15 - After entry wrote:Please note, registration certificates and residence cards are not currently required in the UK in order to be considered legally resident. (EEA nationals and their family members may choose to apply for this documentation as confirmation of their right of residence).
European citizens wrote:> Applying
This page explains how EEA and Swiss nationals and their family that are living in the United Kingdom can apply for a registration certificate or a residence card to confirm the holder's rights of residence under European law.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.