ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final ILR Questions: Tier 2 GEN to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Final ILR Questions: Tier 2 GEN to ILR

Post by sparkyram » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Guys- My PSC appointment is in next 5 days: Below are outstanding questions in SET O Form (Filling paper form)

1. I paid the fee online and book for same day service. should i need to fill anything on Payment details section in SET O form ?This is the first page in that form. details like name on card, card number, card details etc ? or should i just carry copy of payment detail email print out ?

2. Section: 6

Q 6.4 When did you last enter UK ?

I last entered UK on14th March 2018 after my holidays in europe. hence i answered this date. Is that correct ??

3. Q 7.13 How long have you lived in UK ?

My Immig history:

Tier 2 ICT short term:JUNE 2012 to June 2013 ( On june 5th left to home country , spent 5 months there and came back on new tier 2 gen visa through same employer)

Tier 2 GEN: Entry clearance visa: Issued on 13 Sep 2013 and extended till 14-Aug-2019 and currently applying ILR under Tier 2 GEN 5 years route

So for the above question should i just consider the time spent on Tier 2 GEN or should i have to count time spent on Tier 2 ICT..I saw both the answer has been suggested in few posts..so i am confused

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Re: Final ILR Questions: Tier 2 GEN to ILR

Post by trueblue19 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:13 pm

1. I paid the fee online and book for same day service. should i need to fill anything on Payment details section in SET O form ?This is the first page in that form. details like name on card, card number, card details etc ? or should i just carry copy of payment detail email print out ?

Just carry the payment confirmation page which has payment ID etc. On the form, Leave the payment details blank.

2. Section: 6

Q 6.4 When did you last enter UK ?

I last entered UK on14th March 2018 after my holidays in europe. hence i answered this date. Is that correct ??

Yes, this is correct

3. Q 7.13 How long have you lived in UK ?

My Immig history:

Tier 2 ICT short term:JUNE 2012 to June 2013 ( On june 5th left to home country , spent 5 months there and came back on new tier 2 gen visa through same employer)

Tier 2 GEN: Entry clearance visa: Issued on 13 Sep 2013 and extended till 14-Aug-2019 and currently applying ILR under Tier 2 GEN 5 years route

So for the above question should i just consider the time spent on Tier 2 GEN or should i have to count time spent on Tier 2 ICT..I saw both the answer has been suggested in few posts..so i am confused

Put total number of years here. If you're adding a cover letter, just explain Tier 2 ICT and Tier 2 Gen timelines, and that the application is based on Tier 2 Gen 5 years

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Guys- I am preparing my cover letter for ILR.i am planning to explain below issue in cover letter..Any advice pls ?

I had an incorrect entry date stamped in my passport when i returned from one of my holiday trip. Exit departure stamp from my home country is correct. But entry stamp in heathrow is incorrect. rather than stamping 19 JAN 2016 , immigration officer stamped my passport with 19 JUN 2016.

I contacted border force heathrow terminals, and senior border force immigration officer investigated my issue and he gave apologized me for the error made and he also gave me an email confirmation that "my passport has been stamped with incorrect entry date and explained the whole error made by immigration officer at heathrow". Also he asked me to submit this email conversation so that CW can take decision easily.

Now my question is, Should i say this issue upfront in cover letter ? or should i just leave and only submit the emails only if CW raise this issue ?

I understand that home office should have exit and entry information which is provided by carriers...

Would case worker rely on passport stamps (i believe its unlikely)..? I am confused...

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Considering you already have the email from border force accepting their mistake and confirming, in writing, that you actually did return on 19th Jan and not 19th Jun, there is no harm declaring this upfront in the cover letter.

You could make a reference to this where you specify the details regarding 180-day absence rule by writing something like:

'Additionally, I would like to specify that upon the completion of my visit to <specify where you were coming back from>, I returned to the UK on 19th Jan 2016, however the immigration officer at LHR erroneously stamped 19th Jun 2016 on the passport. I, upon noticing this error, reached out to Border Force (Heathrow Terminals), who in turn admitted to this being a manual error, and confirmed that date of return per their records is 19th Jan 2016. As further evidence, please find attached formal email communication from the Border Force, provided along with this application, confirming the error on the part of Border Office & associated explanation(s).'

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Thanks trueblue..

Regarding Q6.1: section 6.1 :When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this
application is based

Should i put my visa issue date which is 13-sep-2013 or my entry date into UK which is 07-Nov-2013.

I am seeing contradictory answers for thsi ques

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:34 pm

The question asks for date of entry :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:05 am

Thanks CR001- Yes i thought so but confused with few contradicting answers in previous post. thanks for clearing me up

and also for the question "How long you lived in UK" i entered as 4 years 09 months. because i entered UK as Tier 2 Gen 55 days after visa date and now applying ILR 28 days before 5 years.. Hopefully case worker wont think that i haven't spent 5 years in UK ...

Thanks true blue for al ur help :) Lets see what happens tomorrow :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:11 am

Hopefully case worker wont think that i haven't spent 5 years in UK ...
You do realise that HO know what the rules are re qualifying period from visa issue date!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:11 am
Hopefully case worker wont think that i haven't spent 5 years in UK ...
You do realise that HO know what the rules are re qualifying period from visa issue date!
Yes i do .. but yeah these are all last minute silly worries :)

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Finally my ILR approved.. had a pleasant experience at croydon office...

JP145
India

Post by JP145 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:07 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:31 pm
Finally my ILR approved.. had a pleasant experience at croydon office...
Congratulations. i will take notes from your case i have many items like your case.

polar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by polar2018 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:54 pm

I am also going to give my date of entry for my ILR application and not my first Visa issue date (My application is based on 5 years from first Visa issue date). Your post and the immigration board experts advise has given me more confidence now and hopefully my application gets approved as well. Fingers crossed.