ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skill Recognition "Accountant - Internal Auditor

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sebkos
Newly Registered

Skill Recognition "Accountant - Internal Auditor

Post by sebkos » Tue May 13, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi all together,

my name is Seb, I am 27 years old and I would like to immigrate to Australia as a skilled migrant without getting sponsored by an employer.

I am currently working in the Internal Audit and I am a "Certified Internal Auditor" of the IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors). So far as I know the IIA is the only Institute worldwide offering certifications in the Internal Audit field.

The occupation "Internal Auditor" is listed in the SOL (2212-13). The skills are assessed by VETASSESS. But now I am not sure if I meet the necessary requirements to get my skills successfully recognized by VETASSESS. I would wonder if not, but I am not sure. Can anyone give me some information about the skill assessment for Internal Auditors?
Like I already wrote I hold the Certificate of the IIA and I studied Business Management at a german university.

I already contacted VETASSESS by email but I didn't get a response.

And I have one more question: my occupaption is listed on the SOL, the ENSOL, but not on the MODL. What impact does it have in my case?

And when I apply now, how long would the whole process be until I can finally immigrate to Australia?

I would be very happy to receive some replies.

Bye SEB

thinker

Hi Seb

Post by thinker » Wed May 14, 2008 8:10 am

Skill Assessment:
With regards to your Internal Auditor Assessment process you will have to check with VETASSESS about the documents. You can also visit their website www.VETASSESS.com.au for details.

Simple rule for getting a positive skill assessment is to provide as much information (relevant) as possible with your application.

MODL List:
Your occupation is listed on the SOL & ENSOL but not in MODL list. Firstly it is not mandatory that an occupation needs to be in the MODL list to be eligible to apply for your Australia visa. However, if your occupation is not in the MODL list then you will not be able to claim the additional points of 15. This may also impact your total points and pass mark.

Also from 1st Sep 2007, applicants having occupation under the MODL list will be given priority in the visa process.

Visa Process Time:
Normal process time for Skilled Independent visa is around 10 to 12 months. As mentioned above, since your occupation is not in the MODL list, your application may be even delayed.

The 10 to 12 months is the time taken after you file your application for visa process. You should note that you will have spend time in getting your skill assessed which may take around 4 to 12 weeks depending on the assessing authority and your documenation, sitting for your IELTS test, collating all documents, etc even before you submit your visa application.

How you can apply is another issue altogether, either you can apply by yourself (i.e. DIY migration) or apply using an migration agent.

There are n number of agents and DIY Australia Migration Kits out there. You can google them to find out.

I personally prefer DIY migration, this will save you money and its flexible.

Good luck! Hope this helps!