ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Penalty charge notice effect naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ryanxue
Newly Registered

Will Penalty charge notice effect naturalisation application

Post by Ryanxue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Dear all,
I am going to apply British citizenship.
But I had penalty charge notice for stoping in the yellow box in the last 12 month.
I have already pay for it within the time

Do I have to declare it in the form?

Many thanks

UK_Tier1

Re: Will Penalty charge notice effect naturalisation application

Post by UK_Tier1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Please read the guidance note on BC Guide AN Section 3 "Good character"

Section 3: Good character
3.1 - 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices.

Drink driving offences must be declared. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence you must access the DVLA website to download and print a summary of your record and send it with your application. A driving conviction may not be disregarded despite any penalty points being removed from your driving licence.
3.3 - 3.4 You must give details of all civil judgments which have resulted in a court order being made against you as well as any civil penalties under the UK Immigration Acts. If you have been declared bankrupt at any time you must give details of the bankruptcy proceedings. Your application is unlikely to succeed if you are an undischarged bankrupt.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 pm

You don’t declare parking tickets which are issued as PCNs. These are typically from the local council or TFL if you’re in London.

FPN parking tickets are usually issued by the police or DVLA
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Ryanxue
Newly Registered

Post by Ryanxue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:15 pm

Thanks, Equitydealer!
You are right.