ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do if my visa is delayed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Frisian
Newly Registered
Malaysia

What to do if my visa is delayed

Post by Frisian » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:01 am

Is anyone else’s visa got delayed?

I applied standard postal for Tier 2 extension (switch employer) and it’s the 9th week now. I contact the UKVI center and only got a useless email as below:

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
Our records show your application has not yet been completed.
We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made.

What can I do to chase up my visa? I need my passport back in 3 weeks time for travelling. How is nobody responsible for this when there is a delay?

If I request my passport back now, will my visa application get cancelled?

Has anyone contact their local MP and got help?

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: What to do if my visa is delayed

Post by farazk86 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm

I've been through this and it's super frustrating. Sorry to say but all you can do is wait.

I don't know if contacting your MP would be helpful, maybe someone would experience here could answer.

I believe requesting your passport back at this stage would consider your application withdrawn

Frisian
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Frisian » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 pm

farazk86 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm
I've been through this and it's super frustrating. Sorry to say but all you can do is wait.

I don't know if contacting your MP would be helpful, maybe someone would experience here could answer.

I believe requesting your passport back at this stage would consider your application withdrawn
Thanks for your reply. Did you eventually get your visa and how long did you wait?
This is definitely frustrating, i should have gone for priority postal!

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Frisian wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 pm
farazk86 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. Did you eventually get your visa and how long did you wait?
This is definitely frustrating, i should have gone for priority postal!
I got mine after 10 weeks. And it was worse for me it was a dependant visa that was applied from outside UK. So to enquire I had to call a premium phone number that charged a lot and they would give me usual scripted answers. Again, like I said super frustrating.

yeah, unfortunately this is what I though of as well at the time but you assume that their recommended within 8 weeks would work out. I also had this regret after I didnt get my visa in the suggested time period.

You will hopefully get it soon. But if you recall it now it will be considered withdrawn to the best of my knowledge.

sammujaan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Finland

Post by sammujaan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Frisian wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:01 am
Is anyone else’s visa got delayed?

I applied standard postal for Tier 2 extension (switch employer) and it’s the 9th week now. I contact the UKVI center and only got a useless email as below:

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
Our records show your application has not yet been completed.
We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made.

What can I do to chase up my visa? I need my passport back in 3 weeks time for travelling. How is nobody responsible for this when there is a delay?

If I request my passport back now, will my visa application get cancelled?

Has anyone contact their local MP and got help?
Hi Frisian,

I applied my tier 2 change of employer application on 10 may 2018. now almost 15 weeks no response .

they sent me a letter that they need further time to consider my application . some complex issues.

no response after that.

I contacted the MP they said the same . my MP contacted 2 times no use .
But it is worth with trying .

My current visa is valid till next year , if I am not getting any result by end of this month I will withdraw my application.

without getting the decision travelling is very unsafe .

please update us if you heard anything back from UKVI

Frisian
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Frisian » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi Sammujaan,

Thanks for your reply. Was your MP ready to help? I might try to email mine then.

It’s ridiculous isn’t it. When did you receive the email saying that it is complex and need more time? Before 8 weeks or after? And did they ask for any further documents from you?

I will update you and hope to hear some updates for your case too. 15 weeks is almost double the time.

xcycl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by xcycl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Frisian wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 pm
Hi Sammujaan,

Thanks for your reply. Was your MP ready to help? I might try to email mine then.

It’s ridiculous isn’t it. When did you receive the email saying that it is complex and need more time? Before 8 weeks or after? And did they ask for any further documents from you?

I will update you and hope to hear some updates for your case too. 15 weeks is almost double the time.
Has your employer tried to reach them? It appears that employers are able to enquire about the status of your visa application with your permission to do so.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... lpdesk.pdf

Frisian
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Frisian » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi xcycl,

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me which website do you get this information and where does the employer need to send/email this request to?

Thank you very much.