ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's the correct fee for HSMP extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asifraza

What's the correct fee for HSMP extension

Post by asifraza » Tue May 13, 2008 10:38 pm

I'm on 1+3 years on HSMP and need to renew it quite soon.

Could any one please tell what is the correct fee for the extension which will be deducted on the tier-1 form.

The forms stats:

£750 Standard fee for Tier 1 (General) application.
£350 Fee for applicants making a Tier 1 (General) application who
have a valid HSMP approval letter but have yet to obtain the associated
Leave to Remain. The reduced fee recognises that these applicants
have already paid for their application for a HSMP approval letter.
Please see ‘Transitional Arrangements for Applicants in the UK with a
valid HSMP Approval Letter section’ of the Tier

The HO told me to pay £750 despite the fact that i already have HSMP approval which was granted to meback in 2004![/i]

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:39 am

For you, it will be GBP 750.

GBP 350 is only for those who have received HSMP approval in the recent months and are yet to apply for Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain under the HSMP scheme.

FYI, a HSMP approval letter remains "valid" for six months from the date of issue.

regards

Defoe
Newly Registered

Post by Defoe » Wed May 14, 2008 9:36 am

Yeah its a rip-off, no idea how its justified for an extension.

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Wed May 14, 2008 9:44 am

Defoe wrote:Yeah its a rip-off, no idea how its justified for an extension.
just can't believe it ... why are they making me do it again?????????

no JR implementation yet and if so in coming months then what about people like me who had to apply again and pay that much money for something that was declared illegal in April this month?

Defoe
Newly Registered

Post by Defoe » Wed May 14, 2008 9:46 am

Im in the same boat, about to pay my £750. Not very happy about it, but there is nothing I can do really - the HO thinks it is a law unto itself.

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Wed May 14, 2008 10:37 am

At roughly £2.65 per pint of Pride that's around 283 LESS PINTS that I am going to be able to contribute to the Great and Proud Publicans of the UK due to the £750 fee.

£750 for an extension.... They should be so lucky if I toss them 10 quid!

Heck, a fiver is too much! :P

MP

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Wed May 14, 2008 12:34 pm

MORBULOUS_PRIME wrote:
At roughly £2.65 per pint of Pride that's around 283 LESS PINTS that I am going to be able to contribute to the Great and Proud Publicans of the UK due to the £750 fee.

£750 for an extension.... They should be so lucky if I toss them 10 quid!

Heck, a fiver is too much! :P

MP
I'll contact HO once the JR implemented and they have reduced the extension fee due to that, to reimburse me the difference. Their move for HSMP has been declared by court as ILLEGAL. HO doesn't have a ground at the moment to charge us £750 AS renewal fee since we don't have any option yet BECAUSE the JR has been implemented. I'll not let go my money like this.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 14, 2008 3:02 pm

How is JR judgment related to application fees?? :o

regards
asifraza wrote:I'll contact HO once the JR implemented and they have reduced the extension fee due to that, to reimburse me the difference. Their move for HSMP has been declared by court as ILLEGAL. HO doesn't have a ground at the moment to charge us £750 AS renewal fee since we don't have any option yet BECAUSE the JR has been implemented. I'll not let go my money like this.

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Wed May 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Yes it is amazing what departments can get away with here. In other other commonwealth countries there are positions and departments known as "Auditor Generals" as in "The department of the Auditor General" which makes recommendations and comments publicly on such activities like the above fee increase.

I don't know what type of body exists here in the UK with similar powers.

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Wed May 14, 2008 9:00 pm

sushdmehta wrote:How is JR judgment related to application fees?? :o

regards
asifraza wrote:I'll contact HO once the JR implemented and they have reduced the extension fee due to that, to reimburse me the difference. Their move for HSMP has been declared by court as ILLEGAL. HO doesn't have a ground at the moment to charge us £750 AS renewal fee since we don't have any option yet BECAUSE the JR has been implemented. I'll not let go my money like this.

HO is asking us to change our category to tier-1 and re-apply for something that we already have done. This is what called illegal by the court. We need extension not another approval so if this is extension we need then how come HO can charge us £750 which is for a new applicant! The extension fee is £300 something ...

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Wed May 14, 2008 9:10 pm

asifraza wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:How is JR judgment related to application fees?? :o

regards

HO is asking us to change our category to tier-1 and re-apply for something that we already have done. This is what called illegal by the court. We need extension not another approval so if this is extension we need then how come HO can charge us £750 which is for a new applicant! The extension fee is £300 something ...
There is a link somewhere where one can submit for refunds from the Home Office but I can't seem to find it....