ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible for MN1?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PhillytoManchester
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Eligible for MN1?

Post by PhillytoManchester » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:34 pm

My American child and I received ILR from SET(M) 5 years ago. I have now British citizenship. I would like register her through MN1 so she has citizenship too, but this doesn't look as straight forward as my process.

My British husband is not her biological parent. I have sole physical and legal custody per court order. Her other siblings are British citizens. She has not been back to the states since moving here.

For ILR, I had to prove why she should settle with one parent in the states. We provided a court order and a letter from her biological father explaining her life is with me and her stepfather. Would this suffice for MN1 too? Thanks!