ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in In Country Postal priority Applications

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Delay in In Country Postal priority Applications

Post by maddy1215 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:16 am

Team

Are there any delays ?

did any one face this month or last month ?

Any input is much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Delay in In Country Postal priority Applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:26 am

If you applied by post within the UK, it does take up to 8 weeks, sometimes a bit longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Post by maddy1215 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks for your response, but with the postal priority decision should be in 10 working days right ?

Thanks
Pavan M

Kay28
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Kay28 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:52 am

Hello

I applied In UK postal priority 3rd August and have heard nothing from HO ever since, so I`m assuming there must be queues of applications and delays
No official information though

sammujaan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Finland

Post by sammujaan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

I applied my tier 2 change of employer on may 10 th 2018,
till now no decision made , they informed me that they need further time to consider my application.
after that no response .

almost 15 weeks .

xcycl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by xcycl » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Kay28 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:52 am
Hello

I applied In UK postal priority 3rd August and have heard nothing from HO ever since, so I`m assuming there must be queues of applications and delays
Same date and also no response or whatsoever so far.

Since it is now outside the published standard, you may call UKVI and ask for information, if helpful.

Kay28
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Kay28 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:31 pm

xcycl wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:05 pm
Kay28 wrote:
Hello

Same date and also no response or whatsoever so far.

Since it is now outside the published standard, you may call UKVI and ask for information, if helpful.
Have you tried calling?
I'm considering doing it just to maybe get some certainty, but from what I gathered from this forum calls to UKVI are rarely helpful.

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Post by maddy1215 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Do let me know if you get to know anything.

Thanks

xcycl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by xcycl » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Kay28 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:31 pm
Have you tried calling?
I'm considering doing it just to maybe get some certainty, but from what I gathered from this forum calls to UKVI are rarely helpful.
I did. I was informed that they will send me a follow-up email later...

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Post by maddy1215 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:52 pm

xcycl wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:41 pm
Kay28 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:31 pm
Have you tried calling?
I did. I was informed that they will send me a follow-up email later...
did they say anything about whether decision made or not ?

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 pm

The call centres do not handle priority postal applications.

I called to inquire about my application as well and was told that these queries related to priority postal are only through email. [Prioritypostalrequests[AT]homeoffice.gov.uk]

I emailed them and they gave me a response of the status of my application and told me a decision has been made and my documents have been sent back, theyre quite helpful as I emailed them asking about the tracking number of my documents that were sent through UPS and they replied with that as well.

My application was delayed as well, I applied on the 1st of August and on the 10th working day they asked for more information.

However today I got my decision and passport back.

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Post by maddy1215 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm

farazk86 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 pm

I called to inquire about my application as well and was told that these queries related to priority postal are only through email. [Prioritypostalrequests[AT]homeoffice.gov.uk]

I emailed them and they gave me a response of the status of my application and told me a decision has been made and my documents have been sent back, theyre quite helpful as I emailed them asking about the tracking number of my documents that were sent through UPS and they replied with that as well.

My application was delayed as well, I applied on the 1st of August and on the 10th working day they asked for more information.

Congratulations :D

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:42 pm

maddy1215 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm
farazk86 wrote:

Congratulations :D
Thank you. :)

Now I hope I get my BRP in time =/

Kay28
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Kay28 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm

farazk86 wrote:

Thank you for a helpful advice :) I shall email them and see what they have to say about my case.
And congratulations on getting your visa :) may your BRP follow in no time

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Post by maddy1215 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Kay28 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm
farazk86 wrote:

Thank you for a helpful advice :) I shall email them and see what they have to say about my case.
Please do update us based on your email response.

Thanks

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Kay28 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm
farazk86 wrote:

Thanks mate, make sure you include your full name, date of birth and the priority postal reference number given to you.

All the best

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Post by maddy1215 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 am

Kay28 wrote:
Hello

Did you email the postalpriority team ?

xcycl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by xcycl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am

farazk86 wrote:

The call centres do reply. I mailed the priority service after learning of the above e-maill address.

The call centre replied on the next day with a formal and perhaps canned response, while the priority service pointed out briefly why it is late.

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Post by maddy1215 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:40 am

xcycl wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am
farazk86 wrote:

Is it generic delay or application specific??

The call centres do reply. I mailed the priority service after learning of the above e-maill address.

The call centre replied on the next day with a formal and perhaps canned response, while the priority service pointed out briefly why it is late.

maddy1215
Newly Registered
India

Post by maddy1215 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:42 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:44 am

maddy1215 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:42 am

The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent. They do not have detailed access to your application details and most responses will be generic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xcycl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by xcycl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:53 am

maddy1215 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:42 am
It is application-specific in my case.

Kay28
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Kay28 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 am

maddy1215 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 am
Kay28 wrote:
Hello

Did you email the postalpriority team ?
Hi
yes, I did yesterday evening. They emailed back saying that the decision has been made and my documents were scheduled for delivery, so should be with me soon. So hopefully...
The response came very quick, I dare say

Frisian
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Frisian » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:06 pm

My standard postal application of changing employer is delay too. It’s my 10th week now. When I called UKVI centre, they only send me an email:

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.
We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

They didn’t give me any reason of delay. Not very helpful at all.

I am still waiting anxiously.

Kay28
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Kay28 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 am

Received my documents today, the application has been approved (yay!) on the 17th August, so 10-11 working days decision in my case
Best of luck with your applications, everyone