ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, new rules, Max limit in 5 years time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madhav.dadi

ILR, 200+ days outside country

Post by madhav.dadi » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Hello,

My wife is on FLR(M) since 2015. She was outside the country for about 250 days during Nov/2016 - July/2017. Will there be any issue for her ILR?. or does she need to go for another visa extension to cover 5 years route in order to meet the criteria for ILR.

Thanks,
M

madhav.dadi

ILR, new rules, Max limit in 5 years time

Post by madhav.dadi » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi,

Plz may I know the number of days limit in 5 years time that an applicant can't be outside UK to get the ILR.

My wife ( she is on FLR(M)) is 159 days outside during 12 months period and 108 days under 2nd 12 months consecutive period.

As per the rules I heard/seen that it was okay until 11/January/2018.

but from 11/Jan/2018 there is a new rule called Transitional Arrangements – rolling 12 month period. Is there any info how the outside UK will be calculated.

Thanks,
Madhav

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR, new rules, Max limit in 5 years time

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:08 pm

There is no absence limit rule for flr m visa holders.

The new rules applies to PBS dependent visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

madhav.dadi

Post by madhav.dadi » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi CR,

thanks for the info. You mean no absence limit within a year cap (max 180 days) or no limit for 5 years cap. Also my wife can still spend 180 days in a consecutive 12 months even in the future and she is still eligible for ILR after the end of new extension (2nd time extension in October)?.

Thanks,
M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:59 pm

My post was very clearwas it not. There is NO absence limit!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

madhav.dadi

FLR (M), birth certificate confusion

Post by madhav.dadi » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi there,

i just filled the online application of FLR (M) for my wife. at one section it says myself and my wife needs to submit the birth certificates along with the Utility bills against kids. I dont understand how they can use the birth certificates belongs to parents.i was thinking it's kid's birth certificates they are referring to?.

Tnx,
M