ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pranamcs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Extending Tier 2 General Visa

Post by pranamcs » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello

I entered UK in Sept 2016. My Tier2 general visa is valid till Aug 2021.

I plan to extend the Tier 2 general visa. What is the earliest date to extend the tier 2 general visa ?

I read in the immigraton site ''You can apply to extend your visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years". Can someone explain what this means ?

I want to apply for ILR after 5 years. I guess I need to extend the tier 2 general visa and then within the 1 year period apply for ILR. Am I correct ?

Regards
Pranam

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Extending Tier 2 General Visa

Post by UKLL » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:17 pm

pranamcs wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 pm
Hello

I plan to extend the Tier 2 general visa. What is the earliest date to extend the tier 2 general visa ?
If it is with your current employer, within 3 months of the visa expiry date. May 2021 in your case.

I read in the immigraton site ''You can apply to extend your visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years". Can someone explain what this means ?
It means you won't be able to have Tier 2 visa for more than 6 years in total (Sep 2022 in your case).

I want to apply for ILR after 5 years. I guess I need to extend the tier 2 general visa and then within the 1 year period apply for ILR. Am I correct ?
I think you can apply when you meet the 5 years requirement.

Regards
Pranam

pranamcs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Extending Tier 2 General Visa

Post by pranamcs » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:42 am

UKLL wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:17 pm
pranamcs wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 pm
Hello

If it is with your current employer, within 3 months of the visa expiry date. May 2021 in your case.

It means you won't be able to have Tier 2 visa for more than 6 years in total (Sep 2022 in your case).

I think you can apply when you meet the 5 years requirement.

Regards
Pranam
Thank you