ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the COS end date matter for the ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Egrozeba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Does the COS end date matter for the ILR application?

Post by Egrozeba » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi,

could you please advise regarding the following question:
I have a gap of 14 days between the COS's end date and the Tier-2 visa expiry date and I managed to book ILR application appointment at Croydon after the COS's end date but before the Tier-2 visa expiry date (I attempted to reschedule it earlier before COS's end date but haven't succeeded so far).
The employer said it consulted with the immigration lawyers and they confirmed COS's end date doesn't matter for UKBA and the Tier-2 visa expiry date actually matters so someone must apply for ILR before the visa expiry date.
Is that the case and I could go to my appointment after COS's end date but before the visa expiry date without any worries?

Thanks in advance.

ronin

Re: Does the COS end date matter for the ILR application?

Post by ronin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Hi,

Expiry date on BRP card should be considered as your visa end date. HO gives 14 extra days from the COS end date.

Thanks.

Egrozeba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Does the COS end date matter for the ILR application?

Post by Egrozeba » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi ronin,

great thanks for your quick response and advice, much appreciated!