ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Register - absent father

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

timbo29
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Foreign Birth Register - absent father

Post by timbo29 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi all,

I am currently researching whether it will be possible for me to submit an application in the Foreign Births Register as I believe my Grandparents of my father's side were Irish citizens from birth, and potentially also my Father.

My main issue is that my birth Father left me and my Mother when I was around 2 years old. My mum and dad were married before my birth in 1990. I have not had any contact with my birth Father EVER. My mum does not have any contact or knowledge of him since he walked out now nearly 30 years ago.

The document requirements for both an application via parent or Grandparent require either a death certificate or a copy of current ID such as passport or driving licence. I cannot provide this as I have no idea of any whereabouts or status (dead/alive) of my father or grandparents.

This must be a fairly occasional occurrence in these circumstances, can the requirement by waived?

I know my Father's name, I will get a copy of his birth certificate and also search the UK and Ireland register for his death certificate. I have not researched or pursued my Father's parents as of yet and whether they are alive or dead.

Is there anyone who can help or advise the best thing for me to do? I am not particularly bothered about finding my Father, I simply want the citizenship and hope to gain dual British/Irish citizenship and passports.

Shalize
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Register - absent father

Post by Shalize » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Did you find a way forwards? We were told to submit an affidavit but its been declined as we cant get the photographic ID

Lucky990
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Lucky990 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Sorry to but into the thread here.

Who rejected your affidavit? DFA? Did you apply via an Embassy?

An affidavit is obviously a legal document and is used in all sorts of processes beyond citizenship applications, so for the DFA to reject and insist on unobtainable ID (which is not actually evidence of lineage) is very questionable.

I'd appeal your decision and then if unsuccessful take them to Court. Assuming you applied with all certificates required proving lineage then it's frankly outrageous to be rejected because you can't provide a passport or a death certificate! :shock: :shock:

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:14 am

I might be able to locate your father, if you want. I have done it for many people.