ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Parents Birth Certificate ... Please help!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

FLR(M) Parents Birth Certificate ... Please help!!

Post by 1tadmin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:17 pm

I wonder if you could kindly help.

I have an ILR and my wife's spouse visa is about to expire. She is in the process of completing the FLR(M) application online so we could attend the same day service.

At the child section (our child is British, non-applicant) it asks us (parents) to provide our birth certificates.

Problem is I don't have my birth certificate, have not seen it for ages and as I was not born in the UK, getting a copy is pretty much not possible.

This requirement seems to be only mentioned in the online application. I have not seen this requirement in the paper copy or the guidance notes.

Can someone kindly advise what is the best approach to take in this situation?

Really appreciate your help!!

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR(M) Parents Birth Certificate ... Please help!!

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:39 pm

People going for premium service don't necessarily need to do online application.

Nothing stops you doing paper application if it is the best for you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

thread23
Newly Registered
India

Post by thread23 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi 1tadmin,

I am in same situation. Could you please tell what you did for parents birth certificates. Are they needed?
I am filling up online application, to book a premium (same day) service. Your answer is much apprciated.

Many Thanks.

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:12 am

It clearly says "Birth Certificates for both parents" - We both have passports and are unable to fly back home for certificates but surely passports should be enough as some of the applicants in here have confirmed that they were not asked ...is this a new thing ? not sure but I'm on the same boat too...

Kimono
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kimono » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:40 am

Hi, I had the same problem and I have decided to do the paper option. Saves me time and energy.

I, however, have a question about the financial requirement. I am applying under my wife who is due to change her ILR for a British next month and we have two kids who will be registering with my wife next month.

As I am the only one applying, can I go for the £18,600 option as I am the only one applying? I ask this question because I read somewhere on the website of a guy who said the kids are exempt but he did not put the result after his application.

I would like to know as this is the only thing holding me back.

many thanks

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi Kimono

When you say Paper Option do you mean going via post rather than premium - I have completed the online form and it is about 21 pages ?

Do you think it is possible to switch to paper option or is it too late now that I have done the online one

Many Thanks

madhav.dadi

Post by madhav.dadi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:06 am

Hello,

I am facing the same problem here with my birth certificate which I never had it. May I know how you guys did it through paper application for the premium service.