ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Spouse Dependent Documents Checklist?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 Visa and dependent visa

Post by farooq71 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi
I'm new to the forum i have question, my condition is different. i have funds in my own account (that is in my name alone) for both me and my wife including my fee and our maintenance costs. we previously planned to apply together, i as tier 4 student and she as my dependent. but someone told me that the best approach is that she applies later once i get my visa. so for now i first applied for my own tier 4 visa. once i get my visa, can i use the same statement for her visa application? im not counting the money twice though as i told we have funds for both of us. provided i get a fresh statement and the money remains untouched. is that okay?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 Visa and dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:42 pm

I have split your post to its own topic and edited your post.

Please see point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:49 pm

farooq71 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:39 pm
someone told me that the best approach is that she applies later once i get my visa. so for now i first applied for my own tier 4 visa.
Did this someone explain why they think it was the best approach to apply separately? The "best" approach, or at least the most straightforward and simple and quick, is probably to apply together, not separately.
farooq71 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:39 pm
once i get my visa, can i use the same statement for her visa application? im not counting the money twice though as i told we have funds for both of us. provided i get a fresh statement and the money remains untouched. is that okay?
As I said in a separate topic today with the same question:
sah10406 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:54 pm
Only if it is still within the 31-day limit, and only if it includes enough money to support both applications. You cannot count the actual same money twice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by farooq71 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:49 pm

ok

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 Spouse Dependent Documents Checklist?

Post by farooq71 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi ... i have applied for my tier 4 visa and my wife is applying separately. below is the list of documents we plan to submit with her application. please give your thoughts if we miss on something:
*our NICs, our passports
*my university offer letter, my CAS letter
*Her TB cert. family cert. police character cert. bank statement, birth certificate, together photos including our own marriage photos. experience letter from her employer stating her employer has no objections to her going abroad. her phone bill showing calls to each other. and may be (still trying to find that is lost) a health insurance card that shows her as my family member. please note that all of these docs show the address where we live together as a couple except the birth cert.
we dont have any children and we are married and living together at the same address for past 9 years. what else i should attach with her dependent application? any ideas?

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 Spouse Dependent Documents Checklist?

Post by farooq71 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Im also not sure about the priority fee for tier 4 dependent application. see i have come up with these two links from gov.uk and ukcisa websites
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/1 ... April-2018
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members
the gov.uk link says a priority decision returns in 10 days for 952 GBP. while the UKCISA link says that a priority decision costs one to pay 519 or 560 GBP. well this link also says User-pay visa application centre - £55 (£55) what does this text mean? can anyone explain please?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:47 pm

farooq71 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:46 pm
my university offer letter, my CAS letter
police character cert.
birth certificate
together photos including our own marriage photos.
experience letter from her employer stating her employer has no objections to her going abroad.
her phone bill showing calls to each other.
and may be (still trying to find that is lost) a health insurance card that shows her as my family member. please note that all of these docs show the address where we live together as a couple except the birth cert.
Where are you reading that your spouse needs to include these documents for her Tier 4 dependant application? None of them are relevant.

The summary sheet for her application lists all the evidence she needs to include.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by farooq71 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Where are you reading that your spouse needs to include these documents for her Tier 4 dependant application? None of them are relevant.

The summary sheet for her application lists all the evidence she needs to include.
police character cert is a required doc for my country. marriage photos and chats/call records are to prove the subsisting relationship and i read it on this forum at different threads. if we are living together for past 9 years, dont we need to show them any of the photos/calls ? if not, then do we need to give proof that we shared the same address? btw i have added our family certificate for that purpose. and her NIC also has the same address as mine and my name is written on her NIC as her husband. are you sure Sir? i dont need to submit extra things? also please if possible, look into the visa fee query that i posted to the same thread. which website you think gives a closer estimate? 548 or 900+ GBP?
Thanks for the answer.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:00 pm

farooq71 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:23 pm
police character cert is a required doc for my country.
If that is so, my apologies for the wrong advice.
farooq71 wrote:
marriage photos and chats/call records are to prove the subsisting relationship and i read it on this forum at different threads. if we are living together for past 9 years, dont we need to show them any of the photos/calls ? if not, then do we need to give proof that we shared the same address?
I have only ever heard of evidence of contact and subsisting relationship being requested when a couple has been living apart, for example because the student has been studying in the UK without their spouse.
farooq71 wrote:
are you sure Sir? i dont need to submit extra things?
The general rule is that the Home Office does not want extra documents.