ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What type of information does an ECO have available to them?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jules1994
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 4 Application after withdrawal

Post by jules1994 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Hello,

I have been a student in the United Kingdom for 4 years. Did my bachelors in history and received a 2:1, and had no issues. I then went on to do the GDL, or Graduate Diploma in Law and had an awful year. I was sick and was having a lot of issues with illness, as well as the course itself. My attendance was sub-par due to being sick constantly and I did not pass my first semester exams. I did receive Extenuating circumstances for the second-semester attendance and exams, as it was evident that I was struggling with my health. Upon review from my course leader, he recommended that I withdraw from the course and start fresh next year in a principle I would actually enjoy, as he was worried that trying to finish the course would adversely affect me. I did withdraw stating medical reasons, and as per the sponsor guidelines, the international office reported this to the UKVI with that highlighted as the reason for withdrawal. I have received a place at a new university this upcoming year for a place in Msc International Business, doing something that is career driven and in an academic principle, i feel strongly about. I am from a low-risk country, the United States, but I am worried about the chance of my visa being refused on the grounds of my withdrawal, or that each year of study has been in a different principle and may look shady. If anyone could offer any advice, or as to what they may think would happen I would be extremely grateful!

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 Application after withdrawal

Post by equitydealer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:22 am

As you withdrew for genuine reasons and complied with your visa conditions (I assume you left the UK at that point) there shouldn’t be an issue
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 Application after withdrawal

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:55 pm

I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jules1994
Newly Registered
United States of America

What type of information does an ECO have available to them?

Post by jules1994 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:13 pm

What kinds of information do Entry Clearance Officers have at their disposal? Can they see exam scores and attendance records just from the information you provide, or the databases they have? or do they only receive this information if it is requested? I had poor attendance this past year due to sickness and ongoing health issues and received Extenuating circumstances for the second semester. I did end up withdrawing because of how much my performance was affected and the inability to catch up. I did reapply just today and am now worrying that they will see my attendance and exam scores and issue a refusal. As I'm from a low-risk country, I did not have a credibility interview but assume I may be called for one given the circumstances. Is the attendance and exam scores something that is readily available to them, or will they just go off the information that was on my CAS, regarding my withdrawal for medical reasons? JUst do not want to be outright refused.