ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long for a British citizenship certificate correction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Beth35
Newly Registered
Albania

Middle name missing on my ceremony invitation

Post by Beth35 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi

I just received my invitation for ceremony after I was approved for citizenship but I only have my first name and last name on it ( same with the permanent residence card). I have of course put my middle name on the application forms and it is also on my ID card that I have sent together with the application form. It this an issue I have to raise before I apply for my passport

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Middle name missing on my ceremony invitation

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:52 pm

you need to attend teh ceremony first anyway and send the cert back to change the correct one.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Beth35
Newly Registered
Albania

How long for a British citizenship certificate correction

Post by Beth35 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:03 am

Hi,

I had to sent back my certificate after my ceremony due to name spelled wrong by the home office. How long till I ger the certificate back?

liewjls
Newly Registered

Re: How long for a British citizenship certificate correction

Post by liewjls » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:38 pm

It got the same thing to me, it took me about 3-4 weeks to get the updated the new name. I was lucky, my council was aware about the issue and they straight put me into the next ceremony as soon as they receive my certificate (which the next day).

good luck!

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:19 pm

I have same issue is BRB card still to cut and send if their is error in certificate.
Which documen need to send and where

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Did u get ur certificate with correction. ?
Thanks