ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error in citizenship invitation and certificate of naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iffi786

Error in citizenship invitation and certificate of naturalisation

Post by iffi786 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Hello all today my wife got certificate of naturalisation but thir are little mistake on
Name at birth if different. . Missing is A
Question is can she apply for passport and after that can we do correct the error beacuse that name will not show in passport.
Or first we do correct the mistake and then apply for passport
What is the pocedure and what documents need to send that correct name is showing in only marriage certificate.
Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Error in citizenship invitation and certificate of naturalisation

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:33 pm

You must correct your naturalisation cert first. the passport office cannot process if the name cannot be matched.

You may also asked to submit the passport of the country of origin. the name will also have to match with the british passport. If not, they will ask you to change the name.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Error in citizenship invitation and certificate of naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:49 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:33 pm
You must correct your naturalisation cert first. the passport office cannot process if the name cannot be matched.

You may also asked to submit the passport of the country of origin. the name will also have to match with the british passport. If not, they will ask you to change the name.
You are missing the point that it is not the CURRENT name that is an error but the name at BIRTH, which does not get printed on the passport anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.