ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP / MN1 Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lotusathome
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Lost BRP / MN1 Application

Post by lotusathome » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:01 pm

My young girls and I came from the USA in 2011 when I married hubby and received ILR in 2014. I was naturalised in 2015, so I am citizen now. We now want to register my children as citizens (they were eligible in 2015), but one of their BRP cards is missing. We are almost certain it was accidentally thrown away during school registration. :cry:

The MN1 form has a section asking why the BRP cannot be provided and gives a lost box to check. Does this mean we can apply for her citizenship without the BRP card? We have every other piece of paperwork from Home Office since we came here 7 years ago. It's just this card missing.

Thank you!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Lost BRP / MN1 Application

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:39 pm

If it is missing, you must report this to the police and has letter from them to confirm this. You cannot simply say missing and not include BRP card for application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

PhillytoManchester
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Lost BRP / MN1 Application

Post by PhillytoManchester » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:26 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:39 pm
If it is missing, you must report this to the police and has letter from them to confirm this. You cannot simply say missing and not include BRP card for application.
Yes, we've already reported it to Home Office. And lost BRP cards are now logged through ReportMyLoss.com as the police facilities will no longer write reports for them. This information was available online.

The information we cannot find out is whether we can apply without the BRP or whether we should go through the lengthy process of replacing it, only to give it up weeks later. We've had two different people from Home Office say two different things. I've called a few solicitors and am getting mixed advice too. I was hoping to hear some first or second hand experiences here. :(