ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents for self-employed EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abraCadabra

documents for self-employed EEA family permit

Post by abraCadabra » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 am

Dear Forum Members

Advice needed on self-employed situation.

My husband is a CIS subcontractor, registered with HMRC as a sole trader. He is using an accountant to help him with annual self-assessment (most recent already done), and that accountant has got login details for government gateway, so my husband never even logged in there himself. We are going to ask that accountant to prepare a profit and loss account and to provide a letter. However, I have looked up on ICAEW and haven't found any details on them there, so I guess they are not a chartered accountant...

Will a letter from such and accountant be useless?

What can we do in this situation? We were planning to ask them to:

1. print out Statement of Account SA302 (from online)
2. print out copy of the Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC for the last financial year
3. write a letter confirming that my husband is registered with HMRC and that this accountant is doing self-assessment for my husband (because that's how it is)
4. prepare a profit and loss account for the last financial year + for the time period from april 2018 till now, based on my husband's bank statements

Additionally, we are planning to provide:
5. bank statements for 12 months
6. CIS payment and deduction statements from his contractor
7. A letter from his contractor confirming he works for them and that the work is ongoing

Will this be enough for the Home Office?
Will the online print outs from government gateway suffice? Or does my husband need to call HMRC and order any such documents sent to his home address? He is a sole trader.

I am planning to apply very soon and would prefer not to order anything and wait for those to arrive... Just ask accountant to print from online.

abraCadabra

Re: documents for self-employed EEA family permit

Post by abraCadabra » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Can we ask the accountant, who is acting as an agent for my husband to submit his tax returns online, to simply make print outs for Home Office from online account? Will the HO accept that? Or do we need to order it by post?

The guidance says this:

a) Income tax documents – at least one of the following:

• copy or printout of your most recent self-assessment tax return (SA100) and evidence that it has been received by HMRC (e.g. written notification or printout of online confirmation)

Does that mean online printout supported by a letter from that accountant will be accepted as sufficient proof?

Johnson_22
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Johnson_22 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Call HRMC and request for your SA302 for the last 5 yrs, it takes about 2weeks to arrive

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 pm

He is only working for the last 2 years, I am applying for an EEA Family permit only, why do we need 5 years?

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:33 pm

From the Home Office guidance I got and impression, that online printouts are acceptable, if tax return is done online rather than by post.

This is what they write:

copy or printout of your most recent self-assessment tax return (SA100) and evidence that it has been received by HMRC (e.g. written notification or printout of online confirmation)

copy of form CWF1 or printout of their online registration as a self-employed person with HMRC  evidence that HMRC has received their application – e.g. letter or printout of online acknowledgement

At the moment we cannot call HMRC and order anything by post from them, for the reason that my husband's English is not too good and he is not confident enough to speak to them :( In the past I spoke to HMRC on his behalf, when I was with him in UK. Now I am not in UK. Also, that's why he is using an accountant that speaks in his native language, and the accountant is on holiday until September.

Will they really not accept online printouts? If not, why they write about it as an alternative form of proof? :(

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:36 am

Johnson_22 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:58 pm
Call HRMC and request for your SA302 for the last 5 yrs, it takes about 2weeks to arrive
Been searching online, and found this:

UPDATE OCT 2017 – HMRC NO LONGER ISSUE SA302 PAPER FORMS TO YOU – INSTEAD YOU NEED TO LOGIN TO YOUR HMRC ONLINE TAX ACCOUNT TO PRINT OUT YOUR TAX CALCULATION OR IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNTANT YOU ASK THEM FOR A COPY OF YOUR TAX CALCULATION

here: https://jf-financial.co.uk/2015/05/17/w ... equest-it/

Can anybody here confirm the HO will also accept online printouts? :oops: