ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR T1-ENT, set o & docs advice urgently sought!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

ILR T1-ENT, set o & docs advice urgently sought!

Post by aman90 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:29 am

Hey :)

A request for advice from gurus and successful applicants..
My application is almost complete save a few silly perplexing questions which turn into paranoia during this time-basically I don't want to make any silly mistakes or be over confident and take any risks.
Although I got a lot of help from reading around the forum but I also got a disconcerted with some aspects.
I would appreciate your help to alleviate my concerns..

Background context: Initial visa-2013, Ext-2016

Please correct me if Ive misunderstood.

a) 6.1 Ive stated the date of issue not the date of arrival as thats the date I want it to be considered from.
Im applying for ILR with the date of issue of initial visa (entered a month later).

b) 6.2, 'date returned to UK' is the date of entry, reason of absence is basically preparation. Ive named the countries I went to and the reason e.g work, vacation, personal(?) etc.

c) 6.4, last entry was a few months ago.

d) 7.13, though I was a resident here before as a child and as a student Ive mentioned my current timeline only.

e) 7.14, I basically have no ties that would make go back to my native country but I obviously grew up and worked there and know people with whom Im hardly in touch with. The only cultural tie(?) would be language and maybe religion(which I don't practise). Not sure how to articulate this one.

f) X1, 'Companies house reference number(if applicable)" is the registered number of my company.

g) A2(pg 40), only ticking Companies house documentation as I don't think I need to submit anything else except for CAR.

h)B5, only ticking first two and last two, should I add EPR and P45 though I don't understand the point at this stage?

i) 10.1, gave biometrics at ext and mentioning fingerprinting for initial application at 10.12( i assume its an either/or question)

j) Finances: don't want to overload with docs but sending personal bank statements and payslips-past three months. Got the prints from bank and as they no longer stamp or sign, got a letter from them. (I don't like to receive bank statements via post). Are payslips necessary, since my salary shows up on my bank statements?

k) KOL & Language: ticked KOL but not the relevant SL qualification as it was assessed at Ext. If i tick it then Ill have to submit again or what?

l) only photocopying original documents and not the print outs or am i expected to photocopy everything?

m) most importantly, RTI FPS start date (yes i know its been asked to death but hear me out).
I came upon some posts abt refusals due to lack of start dates.Ive read the guidelines both internal and external and it seems to be still required although I read another post which said its no longer a requirement.
I got the Ext on one of the employees but the submitted FPS didnt state the start date. I don't want to risk it in case the CW overlooked it perhaps. For some bizarre reason moneysoft doesn't state the start date of employees added to payroll between 1-5th April though it does state the leavers. Any solutions?

n) This is what I plan to submit:
Application (Is there an online option?)
Passports, pictures, BRP, KOL
CAR(within timeline), Employee ID’S, payslips, RTI FPS( for period claimed and start dates FPS before that period)
Bank statement, bank letter,payslips.
Photocopies of original docs only
Would like to keep it to the point and lean as possible, please advise if I need to add or subtract anything.

Lastly when I received ext approval, I found the package lying in my shared but locked alley way. No idea who signed for it. The BRP was in the post box. I literally thought it was something I had ordered online at the time.
This time pre paid ‘Special delivery guaranteed’.
So if you kind people can help Ill be truly grateful.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ILR T1-ENT, set o & docs Advice urgently sought!

Post by aman90 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:31 am

The subject post missed ADVICE, oops. Don't know how to edit it now.
@zimba88 and Macranth..

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: ILR T1-ENT, set o & docs urgently sought!

Post by marcnath » Fri May 18, 2018 4:47 pm

aman90 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:29 am

a) 6.1 Ive stated the date of issue not the date of arrival as thats the date I want it to be considered from.
Im applying for ILR with the date of issue of initial visa (entered a month later). ==> It does ask for date you entered, so that should be arrival date

b) 6.2, 'date returned to UK' is the date of entry, reason of absence is basically preparation. Ive named the countries I went to and the reason e.g work, vacation, personal(?) etc. ==> Yes

c) 6.4, last entry was a few months ago. ==> ok

d) 7.13, though I was a resident here before as a child and as a student Ive mentioned my current timeline only. ==> ok

e) 7.14, I basically have no ties that would make go back to my native country but I obviously grew up and worked there and know people with whom Im hardly in touch with. The only cultural tie(?) would be language and maybe religion(which I don't practise). Not sure how to articulate this one. ==> Up to you. I am not sure what the purpose of that section is

f) X1, 'Companies house reference number(if applicable)" is the registered number of my company. ==> ok

g) A2(pg 40), only ticking Companies house documentation as I don't think I need to submit anything else except for CAR. ==> ok

h)B5, only ticking first two and last two, should I add EPR and P45 though I don't understand the point at this stage? ==> ok. EPR/P$5 only for pre Oct 2013 jobs

i) 10.1, gave biometrics at ext and mentioning fingerprinting for initial application at 10.12( i assume its an either/or question) ==> ok

j) Finances: don't want to overload with docs but sending personal bank statements and payslips-past three months. Got the prints from bank and as they no longer stamp or sign, got a letter from them. (I don't like to receive bank statements via post). Are payslips necessary, since my salary shows up on my bank statements? ==> No specific requirements

k) KOL & Language: ticked KOL but not the relevant SL qualification as it was assessed at Ext. If i tick it then Ill have to submit again or what? ==> ok. That is what I did

l) only photocopying original documents and not the print outs or am i expected to photocopy everything? ==> It says photocopy of all documents, so I did

m) most importantly, RTI FPS start date (yes i know its been asked to death but hear me out).
I came upon some posts abt refusals due to lack of start dates.Ive read the guidelines both internal and external and it seems to be still required although I read another post which said its no longer a requirement.
I got the Ext on one of the employees but the submitted FPS didnt state the start date. I don't want to risk it in case the CW overlooked it perhaps. For some bizarre reason moneysoft doesn't state the start date of employees added to payroll between 1-5th April though it does state the leavers. Any solutions? ==> Requirement for start date in FPS has been removed. However the requirement to provide the start date is still there - so make sure you fill that column in the Job Table

n) This is what I plan to submit:
Application (Is there an online option?) ==> I believe there is one now
Passports, pictures, BRP, KOL
CAR(within timeline), Employee ID’S, payslips, RTI FPS( for period claimed and start dates FPS before that period) ==> Start date FPS optional
Bank statement, bank letter,payslips.
Photocopies of original docs only
Would like to keep it to the point and lean as possible, please advise if I need to add or subtract anything.
==> Debatable but my interpretation of the revised rules is that in addition to CAR, you need to submit a Business Bank statemetn and a Tax document for business activity
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Thanks Marcnath!

Taking on board all your suggestions, if you could further clarify

a)6.1.
Do you reckon I write a covering letter for my continuous period to be counted from the date of issue? Im applying within 28 days of Visa Issue date but from the date of arrival and app date a little more than 4years 10m.

b)6.2.
Column ‘Date left uk’ would be the Visa Issue date and ‘date returned to UK’ would be Date of Arrival as that would be considered an absence within the continuous period and as such I may not have to specify the date I want to be considered from?

g)A2. You’ve suggested adding tax docs, then I’ll tick HM documentation and add last years CT 600? But adding CT41G and PAYE ref would be too much and was submitted last time. CAR and filing history covers the question though and I just submitted micro accounts.
I’ll add a printout of the BB statement.

j) Section 12, Documents
Pg 76, Finances: I have to tick the Evidence for section 5, which is either bank statements or payslips to show ability. Note 4 states evidence must cover past 3 months.

l) Did the HO keep your photocopies or did they return them to you?

m) Relieved to hear and I have mentioned it on the table, but could you advise me where I can see the revised rules, please, specifically that FPS with employee start date is no longer required?
Spoke to Moneysoft support and their software generated FPS report doesn’t state starters at end of tax year.

I just signed up for the online application ☺

Again thank you so much for your prompt reply. Bless!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat May 19, 2018 6:49 am

aman90 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:38 pm

a)6.1.
Do you reckon I write a covering letter for my continuous period to be counted from the date of issue? Im applying within 28 days of Visa Issue date but from the date of arrival and app date a little more than 4years 10m. ==> Yes, you can mention in the cover letter, but I would think the CW will handle it anyway as it is clear in their guidance.

b)6.2.
Column ‘Date left uk’ would be the Visa Issue date and ‘date returned to UK’ would be Date of Arrival as that would be considered an absence within the continuous period and as such I may not have to specify the date I want to be considered from? ==> Sure, not needed but that is one way to handle this. As with the earlier one, I don't think these are critical and the CW will use data available directly to them.

g)A2. You’ve suggested adding tax docs, then I’ll tick HM documentation and add last years CT 600? But adding CT41G and PAYE ref would be too much and was submitted last time. CAR and filing history covers the question though and I just submitted micro accounts.
I’ll add a printout of the BB statement. ==> That's fine

j) Section 12, Documents
Pg 76, Finances: I have to tick the Evidence for section 5, which is either bank statements or payslips to show ability. Note 4 states evidence must cover past 3 months. ==> That's fine[/highlight]

l) Did the HO keep your photocopies or did they return them to you? ==> HO kept the copies[/highlight]

m) Relieved to hear and I have mentioned it on the table, but could you advise me where I can see the revised rules, please, specifically that FPS with employee start date is no longer required?https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2017
Spoke to Moneysoft support and their software generated FPS report doesn’t state starters at end of tax year.

I just signed up for the online application ☺

Again thank you so much for your prompt reply. Bless!
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks Marcnath

Hopefully one of the last questions I'm going to bother you with!
Previously a table was required confirming employees pay details vis a vis start date,hours paid per period,hourly rate including any changes made to the hours and hourly rate.
The guidelines no longer states any extra table but the Table B7 on the form doesn't exactly allow to state the hours or change in wage details.
I really have no issue drawing a table but the entire info is available on the payslips. I don't want to insult the intelligence of the case worker but then they have stated to confirm. (ref:pg35-T1 Ent PG 01/18)
During the course of the pay period minimum wage changed, ages changed and one of the workers worked different number of hours. As Im combining I will still be fulfilling the requirement but was just wondering whether it would be useful for the CW.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun May 20, 2018 6:01 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:24 pm
Thanks Marcnath

Hopefully one of the last questions I'm going to bother you with!
Previously a table was required confirming employees pay details vis a vis start date,hours paid per period,hourly rate including any changes made to the hours and hourly rate.
The guidelines no longer states any extra table but the Table B7 on the form doesn't exactly allow to state the hours or change in wage details.
I really have no issue drawing a table but the entire info is available on the payslips. I don't want to insult the intelligence of the case worker but then they have stated to confirm. (ref:pg35-T1 Ent PG 01/18)
During the course of the pay period minimum wage changed, ages changed and one of the workers worked different number of hours. As Im combining I will still be fulfilling the requirement but was just wondering whether it would be useful for the CW.
I don't think the Job Table has been changed for a long time. There was never any requirement for a separate table.
Of the information to be supplied, the only thing the Job Table does not support is a way to show hours per pay period. So, it might be worth attaching a separate sheet to show that. But this is not critical.
You should not depend on the CW reading through the payslips and interpreting data. Fill in the job table with details including hourly rate changes. The guidance is very clear that you show that by having different rows in the Job Table

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ILR T1-ENT, set o & docs advice urgently sought!

Post by aman90 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Thanks again. Applied and praying for success.
The Set O form was updated for applications after 17th May 2018. Caught it in time as i had filled the one after 6th April 2018.
Added a confirmation sheet as it seemed the right thing to do.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi. I think I may have made a blunder in my ILR application form with regard to job creation calculation after reading a post on this forum.

As it stands: I sent documents according to- 12months= minimum 130hrs (maximum doesn’t matter)
(30hrs X 52wks / 12=130hrs month)
After calculating according to the number of weeks of employment of each employee’s start/leaving date, Im a week short of the 104 mark. Is this how its calculated?
I can make up this shortfall up by submitting one payslip as the RTI FPS of that month is already with HO. But Ive filled the job creation table and confirmation sheet with a different start date. I wonder if they would be kind enough to see that one of the employees was already working before the “Start claim date” and let it go.
What do I do now? Fees taken and biometrics submitted.
Appreciate any advice.
Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:39 am

aman90 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:51 pm
Hi. I think I may have made a blunder in my ILR application form with regard to job creation calculation after reading a post on this forum.

As it stands: I sent documents according to- 12months= minimum 130hrs (maximum doesn’t matter)
(30hrs X 52wks / 12=130hrs month)
After calculating according to the number of weeks of employment of each employee’s start/leaving date, Im a week short of the 104 mark. Is this how its calculated?
I can make up this shortfall up by submitting one payslip as the RTI FPS of that month is already with HO. But Ive filled the job creation table and confirmation sheet with a different start date. I wonder if they would be kind enough to see that one of the employees was already working before the “Start claim date” and let it go.
What do I do now? Fees taken and biometrics submitted.
Appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Yes, you need 104 weeks.
It is the documents that are more important than the Job Table, so yes, you should send the payslip ASAP.
At the same time, you can send an updated copy of the Job Table also.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Thanks
1.Can you confirm whether my calculation is correct (pre 2014)
Full time= 70 wks x 1 employee
Part time= 33 wks (66weeks ) x 2 employees where Employee 1=20 wks, Employee 2=13 weeks
Will sending a payslip of a part time worker not working concurrently with the other suffice?
2. How and where? Ive tried looking if anyone else has been in this situation but nothing came up.
'Update application' letter, where i 'explain' the miscalculation, attach the new docs to be considered as well amongst the others...
send it to the address on Set(o) guidance, 17.Contacting us after you've applied- address
or where I sent my application earlier which is a different address.
3. or should just I withdraw and reapply, do they return the application or keep it?
Thanks again.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Hey..
Im almost afraid to ask again but Id really appreciate the help. I realise everyone is busy but if any one can guide me out of my misery, please. Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:46 pm
1.Can you confirm whether my calculation is correct (pre 2014)
Full time= 70 wks x 1 employee
Part time= 33 wks (66weeks ) x 2 employees where Employee 1=20 wks, Employee 2=13 weeks
Will sending a payslip of a part time worker not working concurrently with the other suffice?
Remember, it is two part-time jobs that you can combine, not any part-time worker.
So, it really depends on how the workers fit the jobs.
aman90 wrote:
2. How and where? Ive tried looking if anyone else has been in this situation but nothing came up.
'Update application' letter, where i 'explain' the miscalculation, attach the new docs to be considered as well amongst the others...
send it to the address on Set(o) guidance, 17.Contacting us after you've applied- address
or where I sent my application earlier which is a different address.
It is not critical. I sent the additional documents to the same address as the application.
aman90 wrote:
3. or should just I withdraw and reapply, do they return the application or keep it?
Well, if you want to waste money, sure.

And remember that, if your Visa has expired, you would be an overstayer until the new application is decided.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks again for replying.

Before I post anything to the HO I want to be sure of what Im sending!

Are the two P/T jobs being combined to make One F/T job supposed to be working the same time? Thats what I think the case ought to be and I think thats what you implied above. Correct?

Ive submitted paper work of 3 employees.

Job 1- Part-time (combined with Job 2) Start/ Left mid month

Job 2- Part- time (combined with Job1) Still working
My question was, sending this employees previous months payslip would make up for the short fall of weeks or not ?

Job-3- Full-time. Left

The only choice I see is to also combine (Job 2) previous months P/T hours with (Job 3) previous months P/T hours as Job 3 was also working P/T before the transition to F/T.

Hence Job 2 combines with both Job 1 and Job 3 to make up the short fall of weeks.

what do you think?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:34 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Are the two P/T jobs being combined to make One F/T job supposed to be working the same time? Thats what I think the case ought to be and I think thats what you implied above. Correct?
Wrong. There is no need for them to be at the same time.
aman90 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Ive submitted paper work of 3 employees.

Job 1- Part-time (combined with Job 2) Start/ Left mid month

Job 2- Part- time (combined with Job1) Still working
My question was, sending this employees previous months payslip would make up for the short fall of weeks or not ?

Job-3- Full-time. Left

The only choice I see is to also combine (Job 2) previous months P/T hours with (Job 3) previous months P/T hours as Job 3 was also working P/T before the transition to F/T.

Hence Job 2 combines with both Job 1 and Job 3 to make up the short fall of weeks.

what do you think?
You have 70 weeks of FT.

You then have only 33 weeks of 2 PT jobs. In my opinion that only adds up to 103 weeks, so 1 week short.

You can create Job 4 and Job 5 with employee 2 and employee 3 respectively (you keep mentioning jobs when I think you mean employees) and combine them to meet the 1 week.

HO can challenge you and disagree with your split , so that is a risk you take

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Hey @marcnath, Thanks.
Wrong. There is no need for them to be at the same time.

OK. But they need to have the equal number of weeks between them for assessment?
For example, (hypothetical, job creation table)
Job 1,
Employee name, start date- 15.01.17, end date, 15.03.17,
Job 2,
Employee name, start date -01.01.18, end date, 31.03.18,
from the above example the number of weeks will be calculated from Job 1's start/end date against Job 2?
Job 1 = 8 weeks 4 days
Job 2 = 12 weeks 6 days
Hence the aggregate equivalence of 8 weeks 4 days that shall be assessed as F/T. Correct?
(Sorry for the thick question again. Overwhelmed and overthinking!)

You can create Job 4 and Job 5 with employee 2 and employee 3 respectively (you keep mentioning jobs when I think you mean employees) and combine them to meet the 1 week.

This is good! Really helps simplifying it. The submitted Job creation table stays the same and i add another JCT with the above info.
Fingers crossed this works out.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:26 pm

As you are pre-April 2014, it will most probably work out

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm

@marcnath
Is the below correct then? coz I'm not sure!

OK. But they need to have the equal number of weeks between them for assessment?
Job 1,
Job 2,
from the above example the number of weeks will be calculated from Job 1's start/end date against Job 2?
Job 1 = 8 weeks 4 days
Job 2 = 12 weeks 6 days
Hence the aggregate equivalence of 8 weeks 4 days that shall be assessed as F/T. Correct?

Lastly how do you suggest I frame the letter.
Additional info pertaining to Job creation?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:37 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm
@marcnath
Is the below correct then? coz I'm not sure!

Job 1,
Job 2,
Job 1 = 8 weeks 4 days
Job 2 = 12 weeks 6 days
Yes, that is correct but I am not sure how exactly they do the calculations.
aman90 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Lastly how do you suggest I frame the letter.
Additional info pertaining to Job creation?
Really does not matter. That is as good as any other

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:03 pm

@marcnath
ILR approved.
Kept the new JCT sent in later.
Returned photocopies.
Thank you for all your help

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:03 pm
@marcnath
ILR approved.
Kept the new JCT sent in later.
Returned photocopies.
Thank you for all your help
well done aman90! did you apply in end of may/ early june? Could you please share full timeline? :D

thanks!

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:35 pm

Thank you.
Will do the necessary shortly. About 90 days.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:57 am

Congratulations!
What was the date of application?

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 am

Posted: 26/5, received, 28/5- I’ll update all details once I receive BRP.

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:28 am

aman90 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 am
Posted: 26/5, received, 28/5- I’ll update all details once I receive BRP.
Congratttsss Aman90...