ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bechir

Help Please

Post by bechir » Wed May 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi All
I need your help guys if possible, i got a 2 years visa for same sex in 2006 when i got into the u.k i registred with police and i applyed for letter of approval wich i got and got married (civalpartnership) now iam due to apply for ILR my partner has a hotel and a private flat financly we ok, however the bank account is in his name i dont have a bank account me self as i did not have a credit history and i did not need one (i mean are they going to ask for my income seperatly? how can you get paid by you partner i mean we working at the hotel as our own boses for us is no different wich name is on , however the only evidence we got at the same address as follow :
both names only on :
1- council tax
2- phone bills
3- water bills
but i do have these paper adressed to me at the same address :
1- driving licenses
2- national insurrance number
3- police registration
4- car insurance
5- my consular registration card (not from english agency but with english wrinten )
6- the marriage certificat showing address.
7- p 60
the any other i can come up with is :
shopping catelogue letter, emails, air france membership letter, food and hygine courses we attended to gether that is all basicaly.
how in earth as foreign national iam going to collect 20 papers is hard enough getting anything when u new arrival .
also can some one shed some light what kind of english test needed for ilr.

many thanks for any reply.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 14, 2008 10:00 pm

how in earth as foreign national iam going to collect 20 papers is hard enough getting anything when u new arrival .
But you do not have to produce 20 items ... just for you. You need to produce 20 items that are either in both names, or addressed to just one of you, at the same address as your partner.

Indeed if you just supply the 7 joint items, and 13 items addressed to just you, the application would be bound to fail. Why? The purpose of this test is to ensure that the two of you live together! Merely having items addressed to you, with a few in joint names, fails to prove that.
John

adviceseeker
Newly Registered

Post by adviceseeker » Thu May 15, 2008 8:41 am

When I apply for IRL last month there is only 4 types of documents thats in my name, the rest is my husband and we dont even have joint one, i think it depends on the caseworker as well. One thing I am sure of as long as that kinds of evidence is spread out for the last 2 years it should be fine. Letter from NHS and doctors will help as well.