ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR Application without absence letter from previous employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uso
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Tier 2 General to ILR Application without absence letter from previous employer

Post by uso » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi

My husband is holding Tier 2 General visa and we are going to make an ILR application soon - completing the SET(O) form.

After our first 2 years with a sponsor, my husband changed his job and switched to his current company/role. His previous employer is refusing to state anything related to the absences during his employment period based on their company policy. The letter they've provided is stating only the start/end employment dates and full time employment and at the end it says "no other information can be provided due to the company policy" They also refused to send a letter specifying the legal reasoning behind this company policy.

He did not take any unpaid leave and he is not above the threshold of 30 working days in a year.

We are now a bit stressed about what kind of proof we can provide regarding the item 6.3
Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of
paid annual leave from the UK?

As a result, we are thinking of providing
- a cover letter stating his dates outside UK during his employment in that company
- flight tickets (booking confirmation e-mails, not official tickets)
- passport stamps
- bank statements (showing consistent salary payments)
- payslips (print outs of the original e-payslips - not signed, nor stamped by the company)

Does anybody know what would be the best approach for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR Application without absence letter from previous employer

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 pm

If the absences are below 30 days per residence year, the letter can be omitted as case workers apply discretion
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Purav
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR Application without absence letter from previous employer

Post by Purav » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi,

What if absences are less than 180 days but more than 30 working days in a residence year and situation is similar to as what uso mentioned in earlier post.

Is there a chance for an ILR approval?

Hi uso,

What happened with your ILR application please?

Regards,
Purav

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:19 am

I submitted my application this week with the super priority center at Sopra Steria.

My employment letter stated that i have been on continuous employment since XX XXX XXXX and i am on a permanent contract. in the same letter they stated my absences for past two years only stating that they do not have any previous records. additionally they also stated that they cannot confirm me travelling outside the country as they do not hold any such records.

my application was submitted at 10:00 and received approval email by 15:41. waiting for letter and BRP.

Suggestion: please upload any document which you think is relevant online to website before going as Sopra Steria is just going to check that everything uploaded is clear, you have submitted everything against checklist and take your biometrics.

good luck to everyone.